"[duchamp-user]" [Duchamp] Duchamp version 1.2 now available

From: <Matthew.Whiting_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:26:35 +1000

Gday all,

This is to announce that version 1.2 of Duchamp is now available.

This version incorporates several improvements and changes from the previous release, as well as numerous (generally minor) bug fixes.

The key changes are:
* A change to the way the wavelet reconstruction is performed when there are blank pixels on the edge of the field. Previously these were ignored in the calculations by effectively moving the edge of the image, but this was inconsistent with how blank pixels away from the edge were treated (and made the algorithm needlessly complex). The new approach is to leave them in place (and keep them blank in the output) and use the full dimensions of the image array for processing. This may mean the reconstruction of such arrays will change - this change is expected to be small, but this will depend on the image in question. If your image does not have blank pixels at the edge, there should not be any change.
* The way the spectral coordinates are dealt with has been improved, making better use of the information in the FITS header and providing the user with more control over the format of the world coordinates.

Other improvements include: an enhanced VOTable format; improved performance, particularly for large cubes; additional parameters to control more aspects of the algorithms; improved output for 1D searching. The documentation has also been updated, and there is of course the journal paper (Whiting (2012), MNRAS 421, 3242) that should be read in conjunction with the User's Guide.

A more complete list of changes and fixes can be found in the CHANGES file in the distribution (and online).

The new code is available for download from the usual place:
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Matthew.Whiting/Duchamp/downloads.php
and any feedback (which is always welcome!) should be done via the Trac wiki:
http://svn.atnf.csiro.au/trac/duchamp/newticket
as this is the easiest way for me to keep track of issues and their solutions. Note that the feedback can be either bug reports or suggested improvements. Much of the improvements made in this release have been the result of feedback from users, and I'm always happy to discuss issues you may have in running Duchamp.

I hope Duchamp continues to be of use to many of you.
Happy finding!

Matt Whiting.

PS:
This email is sent partly to the duchamp-users exploder, and partly to my own list of people who've been in touch with me in the past about Duchamp. If you don't want to receive these sort of emails, please let me know and I won't bother you with them again!
---
    *     | Dr. Matthew Whiting
 *        | CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility
       *  | PO Box 76, Epping NSW, 1710, Australia
     '    | ph: +61-2-93724683    fax: +61-2-93724406
   *      | Web: http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Matthew.Whiting