"[duchamp-user]" [Duchamp] Duchamp version 1.3 now available

From: <Matthew.Whiting_at_email.protected>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 00:13:37 +0000

Gday all,

I'd like to announce the release of a new version of the Duchamp source finder, v1.3. This is largely an incremental release, with an important bug fix, and changes only to the outputs: there are several new source parameters provided, and new output formats.

* The principal bug fix solves a problem with the spatial (2D) smoothing, whereby the incorrect interpretation of the mask was preventing it from working properly. There were a few other bugs fixed, although each quite minor.

* New source parameters that are now calculated include spatial size estimates in the form of major & minor principal axes and the associated position angle, as well as flux errors computed for the total and integrated fluxes.

* New output formats include: the ability to save the spectral baselines and the moment-0 mask to FITS files; a CASA region file showing the location of detected sources; and an improved binary catalogue of the detected sources to enable re-use within Duchamp.

* Finally, there is also a new command line parameter -t that allows direct specification of the flux threshold without needing to provide a parameter file.

As always, more details of the new features and bug fixes can be found in the CHANGES file in the distribution, or via the webpage.

The new code is available for download from the usual place:
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Matthew.Whiting/Duchamp
and any feedback (which is always welcome!) should be done via the Trac wiki:
http://svn.atnf.csiro.au/trac/duchamp/newticket
as this is the easiest way for me to keep track of issues and their solutions. Note that the feedback can be either bug reports or suggested improvements. I’m always happy to discuss issues you may have in running Duchamp, and I'll note that the inclusion of the flux error measurements mentioned above was the direct result of a user's request.
I hope Duchamp continues to be of use to many of you.
Happy finding!
Matt Whiting.
PS:
This email is sent partly to the duchamp-users exploder, and partly to my own list of people who've been in touch with me in the past about Duchamp. If you don't want to receive these sort of emails, please let me know and I won't bother you with them again!
---
    *     | Dr. Matthew Whiting
 *        | CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility
       *  | PO Box 76, Epping NSW, 1710, Australia
     '    | ph: +61-2-93724683    fax: +61-2-93724406
   *      | Web: http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Matthew.Whiting