"[duchamp-user]" Duchamp version 1.5 now available

From: <Matthew.Whiting_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:47:06 +0000

Gday all,

I'd like to announce the release of a new version of the Duchamp source finder, v1.5. This release includes several new features, a couple of bug fixes, and slightly improved output catalogue formats. Specific changes include:

* There is a new way to flag channels as unwanted. Instead of the 'MW' range, you can now specify a list of channels and channel ranges to indicate channels that should not be included in any detection. This should provide more flexibility in avoiding unwanted features such as RFI or Galactic HI (when searching for extragalactic sources).

* There is now an alternative spectral-baseline-removal algorithm, that calculates the baseline based on median statistics from a sliding box of a user-specified width.

* There is now more flexibility in setting up the two-dimensional (spatial) smoothing algorithm.

* The output catalogues now include information on the number of channels and spatial pixels in the detection, while the VOTable now includes the pixel locations & ranges.

* A couple of bug fixes relating to the calculation of velocity widths in the presence of masked channels, and the formatting of output catalogues when negative velocities are included.

As always, more details of the new features and bug fixes can be found in the CHANGES file in the distribution, or via the webpage.

The new code is available for download from the usual place:
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Matthew.Whiting/Duchamp
and any feedback (which is always welcome!) should be done via the Trac wiki:
http://svn.atnf.csiro.au/trac/duchamp/newticket
as this is the easiest way for me to keep track of issues and their solutions. Note that the feedback can be either bug reports or suggested improvements. I’m always happy to discuss issues you may have in running Duchamp, and many new features or bug fixes have been the direct result of user requests & feedback.

I hope Duchamp continues to be of use to many of you.
Happy finding!

Matt Whiting.

PS:
This email is sent partly to the duchamp-users exploder, and partly to my own list of people who've been in touch with me in the past about Duchamp. If you don't want to receive these sort of emails, please let me know and I won't bother you with them again!

---
    *     | Dr. Matthew Whiting
 *        | CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility
       *  | PO Box 76, Epping NSW, 1710, Australia
     '    | ph: +61-2-93724683    fax: +61-2-93724406