Re: Virtual Observatories.

From: <rwebster_at_email.protected>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:59:02 +1000 (EST)

Hi All,

I think Matthew's suggestion to talk about IVO at the
heads meeting is a good one. I note however that
some of the interested parties will not be able to attend
(vis, myself, Brian Boyle, Warrick Couch, Elaine Sadler
and I expect others).

I think it is widely known that we have submitted a LIEF
grant for one years funding for 2003, which covers most
of the programs in Ray's email. We should know about
that funding in about October.

Also I have mooted an IVO workshop to be held in Melbourne
at the end of the year, probably in November, to get interested
parties together for more formally plan our next moves, and discuss
the form of IVO in Australia. Ray and myself will be organising
this with the other people who put their hands up. So suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rachel.
ps I am about to send out copies of the LIEF proposal to anyone
who is interested, so let me know if you want a copy. The ARC LIEF
proposal involves Melbourne, Sydney, AAO and ATNF at this stage.