User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:actionslba-ops-2012

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Next revision
Previous revision
lbaops:actionslba-ops-2012 [2012/12/21 15:19]
tasso
lbaops:actionslba-ops-2012 [2015/12/18 16:38] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +**VLBI/​eVLBI operations and technical meeting, Sydney, 21-22 Feb 2012**
 +------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 +
 +ACTIONS list
 +
 +The ordering of this action list roughly follows the agenda of the meeting.
 +Some actions were carried forward and modified ​ from the previous meeting(s). A consolidated and integrated list is given here.
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Proposals and scheduling
 +    *  Monitor available LBA time and over-subscription (Phil)
 +    *  Increase LBA time? (Phil)
 +    *  Encourage more ToOs (ATNF)
 +    *  More sessions of fewer days? Produce early schedules and information. (Phil)
 +    *  Offer Mk5 subnet recording alternative with higher-BW in call for proposals (ATNF)
 +    *  More disks at Ceduna from correlator (Correlator)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: SCHED issues
 +    *  Keep PIs informed on SCHED developments (Cormac,​Phil)
 +    *  Cal flags in SCHED? Update sources.dat file with calibrator flags (Cormac,​Chris)
 +      *  fringe-finders;​ phase reference sources; calibrators on long baselines; new calibrators via eVLBI
 +      *  ATCA developments for flag support (Jamie, Chris)
 +      *  VEX2 implementation for flags (Cormac, Chris)
 +      *  Flags in correlators and eVLBI (Chris, Cormac)
 +    *  Support in SCHED for new DAS
 +      *  dBBC is SCHED? (Cormac, Stewart)
 +        *  FS issues for dBBC via Ed Himwich (NZ)
 +      *  DFB3 in SCHED (Chris, Cormac)
 +        *  DFB3 specs to Cormac (Chris)
 +    *  Mixed mode scheduling in SCHED for ATNF (Cormac, Chris)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Wiki/Web
 +    *  Continuing Wiki reorganisation/​maintenance for accessibility (Chris,​Cormac)
 +    *  Automate creation of Tsys and flagging files on Wiki (Cormac,​Chris)
 +    *  Link Ho, Cd and Ww cal files to wiki (Cormac)
 +    *  Development of Ww noise cal systems and logs (NZ, LBA)
 +    *  ATCA Tsys in Zoom modes (ATNF)
 +    *  Check correct ATCA DAS modes on Wiki (Chris, Cormac)
 +    *  Calibration data instructions on Wiki (Hayden, Hayley)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Observing and monitoring
 +    *  L-band feed at Ww (NZ)
 +    *  Ww Tsys monitoring (NZ)
 +    *  Pursue phase problems at Cd (UTas, correlator)
 +      *  Narrow-band test observations for e-transfer
 +      *  Bruce-DAS at Cd for testing? (UTas, Curtin)
 +      *  Nathan'​s super-Bruce DAS to Cd for testing? (Curtin, UTas)
 +    *  Tropospheric data for Katherine (AuScope)
 +    *  Better LBA monitoring
 +      *  Include LBA-live pages in recmon-like page? (Chris, Simon)
 +      *  Use cdisko catalogs and extract file lists (Jamie)
 +      *  Get Tid monitoring? (Shinji, Chris)
 +      *  Ww monitoring via scripts (Stewart, Cormac)
 +      *  Try Monica polling (Jamie)
 +      *  Test monitoring error thresholds (Chris)
 +    *  Test longer recorded data files (Chris)
 +    *  ATCA correlator modes. Check via fringe-checking in green time (ATNF)
 +    *  Streamline fringe-checks for Mk5 (Chris)
 +    *  Use Mk5a at Ho and Tid for higher BW
 +    *  Investigate IVS special observations. Develop proposals. (Oleg)
 +    *  When 2 antennas used at Tid, record in different directories (Shinji)
 +    *  Utilise all available time at Tid (Shinji, ATNF)
 +    *  Get Parkes calibration data (Tasso, JER, Ettore)
 +    *  Get Tsys data on ATCA (Chris, Tasso)
 +    *  ATCA Array phasing issues (Chris, Jamie, Tasso)
 +    *  Implement VSIC mods for automatic recorder setup (ATNF)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: eVLBI pointing for Ww (Chris, Cormac, Jamie M, NZ)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Data storage and transfers
 +    *  Investigate future ARCS transfers or alternatives (ATNF)
 +    *  Mk5 in Canberra for Tid transfers or ship Mk5 disks to Hobart? (Shinji, ATNF, UTas)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Correlators
 +    *  Advance warning to correlator of technical requirements of observations (PIs)
 +    *  Feedback from PIs (Phil, PIs)
 +    *  Reduction pipeline on Cave for e-VLBI (Chris, Cormac)
 +    *  Copy LBA data archive to ATNF (Curtin, ATNF)
 +      *  investigate RPFITS issues with Adam.
 +    *  LBA archive online via ATOA? (Tasso)
 +      *  Investigate RPFITS and IDIFITS issues in ATOA (ATNF)
 +    *  Aim for Tsys extraction at correlator (Curtin, ATNF)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Networks and e-VLBI Demos
 +    *  Overseas telescopes in eVLBI? (Tasso)
 +      *  Indian connectivity?​
 +      *  Regular Asia eVLBI tests?
 +    *  NEXPReS BoD (Tasso, AARNet)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: e-VLBI developments
 +    *  Promote eVLBI better (All)
 +    *  eVLBI scheduling (cf EVN of ~10sessions/​year) (ATNF)
 +    *  Advertise better e-VLBI capabilities with DiFX 2.0 (Tasso)
 +    *  Utilise more e-VLBI test-time (ATNF)
 +    *  Finalise VTP standard (Chris)
 +    *  Investigate Tid e-VLBI connectivity (Tasso)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: DAS and Recorders/​Disks
 +    *  Monitor developments of DBBCs, DBEs etc (All)
 +      *  Procure new DAS?
 +    *  Investigate Tsys logging in DBBC 
 +      *  Collaboration with Gino and Bonn?
 +    *  Monitor recorder/​Disk developments (all)
 +      *  Replacement of LBA recorders/​Disks?​
 +
 +
   -  ACTION: Next Ops meeting venue. UTas? (Tasso)   -  ACTION: Next Ops meeting venue. UTas? (Tasso)
  
  
lbaops/actionslba-ops-2012.1356063543.txt.gz · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:38 (external edit)