User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:actionslba-ops-2014

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Next revision
Previous revision
lbaops:actionslba-ops-2014 [2015/02/05 17:25]
tasso
lbaops:actionslba-ops-2014 [2015/02/05 18:28]
tasso
Line 1: Line 1:
 +//VLBI/eVLBI operations and technical meeting, Perth, 11-12 Feb 2014**
 +------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 +
 +ACTIONS list
 +
 +The ordering of this action list roughly follows the agenda of the meeting.
 +Some actions were carried forward and modified  from the previous meeting(s). A consolidated and integrated list is given here.
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Proposals and scheduling
 +    *  Monitor available LBA time and over-subscription (Phil) - ** CONTinuing **
 +    *  Increase LBA time? (Phil) - ** CONT **
 +    *  Encourage more ToOs qnd NAPAs(ATNF) - ** CONT **
 +      *  Insert sentence re ToO and NAPA in call for proposals (Phil)
 +    *  More sessions of fewer days (e.g methanol cadence)? Produce early schedules and information. (Phil) - ** CONT **
 +    *  Sessions spread out in time. Eases observing and correlation (ATNF)
 +    *  Offer Mk5 subnet recording alternative with higher-BW in call for proposals (ATNF) - ** CONT **
 +    *  Offer GRB transient monitoring on LBA subnet i.e. Ho, Ww, Ak, Mp ? (LBA)
 +    *  Arrange EVN + LBA sessions.
 +
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: SCHED issues
 +    *  Keep PIs informed on SCHED developments (Cormac,Phil) - ** CONT **
 +    *  Cal flags in SCHED? Update sources.dat file with calibrator flags (Cormac,Chris) - ** CONT **
 +      *  fringe-finders; phase reference sources; calibrators on long baselines; new calibrators via eVLBI
 +      *  ATCA developments for flag support (Jamie, Chris)
 +      *  VEX2 implementation for flags (Cormac, Chris)
 +      *  Flags in pipeline processing (Chris, Cormac)
 +    *  Support in SCHED for new DAS - ** CONT **
 +      *  Xcube in SCHED (Chris)
 +      *  Ensure consistent IF wiring for LBA obs by UTas and WW (UTas and AUT)
 +      *  Check catalogues in SCHED and let Cormac know of issues (All)
 +      *  Check on Mk5B format for LBA (Cormac)
 +      *  VDIF code in SCHED (Chris, Cormac)
 +      *  JPL format support (Cormac)
 +      *  SCHED support after Craif Walker's retirement? (LBA, JIVE, KVN, CVN)
 + 
 +
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Wiki/Web
 +    *  Continuing Wiki reorganisation/maintenance for accessibility (Chris,Cormac) - ** CONT **
 +    *  Automate creation of Tsys and flagging files on Wiki (Cormac,Chris)
 +    *  Link Ho, Cd and Ww cal files to wiki (Cormac)
 +    *  Development of Ww noise cal systems and logs (NZ, LBA)
 +    *  Calibration data instructions on Wiki (Hayley) - CONT
 +    *  Wiki "web-service"?
 +      *  LBA monitor interface (Chris, Jamie, Cormac)
 +      *  "chat" channel for important messages during observing? 
 +      *  "Google calendar" alarms?
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Observing and monitoring
 +    *  Ww Tsys monitoring (NZ)
 +    *  Better LBA monitoring
 +      *  Monica alarm functionality coordination at observatories (LBA)
 +      *  Firewall issues with NZ (AUT, Chris)
 +    *  Utilise all available time at Tid (Shinji, ATNF) - CONT
 +    *  Get Parkes calibration data (Tasso, JER, Ettore) - CONT
 +    *  Get Tsys data on ATCA (Chris, Tasso) - CONT
 +      *  Tsys from ATCA data via Miriad? (ATNF)
 +    *  Mopra Tsys processing (Tasso, Jamie)
 +
 +    *  ATCA Array phasing issues (Chris, Jamie, Tasso) -CONT
 +      *  Ensure ABphase set when autophase on (Chris)
 +      *  Show ABphase on Wiki (Chris)
 +    *  Update notes on CABB gain equalisation via sampler stats (Jamie S)
 +    *  Monitor H-maser rate at ASKAP (ATNF) - CONT
 +    *  Move Cd to dBBC and Mk5c (UTas)
 +    *  Determine Frequency to Channel mapping at Tid (Shinji)
 +    *  Xcube in real-time fringe checker (Chris)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Continue wiki contest for best logs (LBA)
 +    *  Winnere for 2013: 1st - Tid; 2nd - UTas; 3rd - ATNF
 +
 +  -  ACTION: eVLBI pointing for Ww (Chris, Cormac, Jamie M, NZ) - CONT
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Data storage and transfers
 +    *  Review data transfer options - ** CONT **
 +    *  Spare Mk5 to Geraldton for Ye data transfers? (AuScope, ATNF)
 +    *  rsync to PBStore and check transfers.
 +    *  Investigate 10 Gbps links at UTas. (UTas)
 +    *  Investigate feasibility of centralised data transfer (LBA)
 +    *  Setup Radioastron data transfers via PBStore (Chris)
 +    *  Thank J. Quick for excellent Hart data transfers. 9LBA)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Correlators
 +    *  Advance warning (in proposal) to correlator of technical requirements of observations (PIs) - CONT
 +    *  Feedback from PIs. Add to PI letter from correlator(Correlator, PIs)
 +    *  Pipeline imaging (Cormac, Chris)
 +      *  Reduction pipeline on Cave for e-VLBI (Chris, Cormac) - CONT
 +      *  make pipeline available to PIs? Inform in correlator letter. - CONT
 +      *  Pipeline reduction for cals only  - CONT
 +        *  Cal flux-vs-time and compare with ATCA.
 +        *  1921-293 flux vs ATCA.
 +        *  1934-638 cal data from ATCA.
 +      *  Telescopes check back in pipeline archive for issues (All telescopes)
 +
 +    *  Document Tsys labelling after correlation for "mixed-mode" observations.
 +
 +    *  Copy LBA data archive to ATNF (Curtin, ATNF) - CONT 
 +      *  Integrate with S2 archive (ATNF)
 +      *  Write software to read RPFITS.
 +      *  Get enough disk storage at ATNF (ATNF)
 +    *  LBA archive online via ATOA? (Tasso) - CONT
 +      *  Investigate RPFITS and IDIFITS issues in ATOA (ATNF)
 +      *  IDIFITS reader (Jamie)
 +      *  Metadata transfer and storage? (ATNF)
 +
 +    *  CAL notes on Wiki and inform PIs (LBA) - CONT
 +    *  Aim for ANTAB data at correlator (Curtin, ATNF)
 +      *  Issues of Tsys quality from stations.
 +
 +    *  DiFX on Pawsey computers (Cormac)
 +      *  explore other supercomputer options
 +      *  Investigate eVLBI modes.
 +
 +    *  Linear to circular conversion in DiFX after FFT. Check on ATCA. (Chris)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Networks and e-VLBI Demos - ** CONT **
 +    *  Invite IVEC to networking meetings (ATNF)
 +    *  UTas firewall issues (UTas)
 +    *  Overseas telescopes in eVLBI? (Tasso)
 +      *  Indian connectivity? Letter to GMRT re VLBI timing issues (Tasso)
 +      *  Regular Asia eVLBI tests?
 +      *  Malaysia connectivity? (ATNF)
 +
 +
 +    *  Demos
 +      *  ASKAP-KAT7 in eVLBI? 
 +      *  10 GBps correlation (Chris, Cormac) - CONT
 +        *  Investigate Pawsey and other SPCs in Oz.
 +        *  Telecon within ~6 weeks (Ben, Cormac, Chris)
 +
 +      *  Brazil eVLBI demo? (Tasso)
 +        *  Brazil-SouthAfrica-Oz-Ww-Argentina?
 +
 +  -  ACTION: e-VLBI developments - ** CONT **
 +    *  Promote eVLBI better (All)
 +    *  eVLBI scheduling (cf EVN of ~10sessions/year) (ATNF)
 +    *  Utilise more e-VLBI test-time (ATNF)
 +    *  Investigate Tid e-VLBI connectivity (Tasso)
 +
 +
 +  -  ACTION: VLBI/eVLBI technical developments
 +    *  Monitor developments of DBBCs, DBEs etc (All)
 +      *  new DAS?
 +      *  Xcube commissioning
 +      *  Progress in CABB wide-band system (ATNF) 
 +    *  Monitor recorder/Disk developments (all)
 +      *  Replacement of LBA recorders/Disks?
 +
 +    *  Cal scheme for linear-circular polarisation conversion (Chris, Cormac)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: VLBI Science meeting in Darwin/Katherine. Mid-2014? (Tasso, Jim)
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Next Ops meeting venue at Tidbinbilla (Shinji))
 +
 +  -  ACTION: Update news page on CSIRO website.
 +
  
lbaops/actionslba-ops-2014.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:38 (external edit)