User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:actionslba-ops-2014

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

lbaops:actionslba-ops-2014 [2015/02/05 17:46]
tasso
lbaops:actionslba-ops-2014 [2015/12/18 16:38]
Line 1: Line 1:
-//VLBI/eVLBI operations and technical meeting, Perth, 11-12 Feb 2014** 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
- 
-ACTIONS list 
- 
-The ordering of this action list roughly follows the agenda of the meeting. 
-Some actions were carried forward and modified  from the previous meeting(s). A consolidated and integrated list is given here. 
- 
-  -  ACTION: Proposals and scheduling 
-    *  Monitor available LBA time and over-subscription (Phil) - ** CONTinuing ** 
-    *  Increase LBA time? (Phil) - ** CONT ** 
-    *  Encourage more ToOs qnd NAPAs(ATNF) - ** CONT ** 
-    *  More sessions of fewer days (e.g methanol cadence)? Produce early schedules and information. (Phil) - ** CONT ** 
-    *  Sessions spread out in time. Eases observing and correlation (ATNF) 
-    *  Offer Mk5 subnet recording alternative with higher-BW in call for proposals (ATNF) - ** CONT ** 
-    *  Offer GRB transient monitoring on LBA subnet i.e. Ho, Ww, Ak, Mp ? (LBA) 
-    *  Arrange EVN + LBA sessions. 
- 
- 
- 
-  -  ACTION: SCHED issues 
-    *  Keep PIs informed on SCHED developments (Cormac,Phil) - ** CONT ** 
-    *  Cal flags in SCHED? Update sources.dat file with calibrator flags (Cormac,Chris) - ** CONT ** 
-      *  fringe-finders; phase reference sources; calibrators on long baselines; new calibrators via eVLBI 
-      *  ATCA developments for flag support (Jamie, Chris) 
-      *  VEX2 implementation for flags (Cormac, Chris) 
-      *  Flags in pipeline processing (Chris, Cormac) 
-    *  Support in SCHED for new DAS - ** CONT ** 
-      *  Xcube in SCHED (Chris) 
-      *  Ensure consistent IF wiring for LBA obs by UTas and WW (UTas and AUT) 
-      *  Check catalogues in SCHED and let Cormac know of issues (All) 
-      *  Check on Mk5B format for LBA (Cormac) 
-      *  VDIF code in SCHED (Chris, Cormac) 
-      *  JPL format support (Cormac) 
-      *  SCHED support after Craif Walker's retirement? (LBA, JIVE, KVN, CVN) 
-  
- 
- 
- 
-  -  ACTION: Wiki/Web 
-    *  Continuing Wiki reorganisation/maintenance for accessibility (Chris,Cormac) - ** CONT ** 
-    *  Automate creation of Tsys and flagging files on Wiki (Cormac,Chris) 
-    *  Link Ho, Cd and Ww cal files to wiki (Cormac) 
-    *  Development of Ww noise cal systems and logs (NZ, LBA) 
-    *  Calibration data instructions on Wiki (Hayley) - CONT 
-    *  Wiki "web-service"? 
-      *  LBA monitor interface (Chris, Jamie, Cormac) 
-      *  "chat" channel for important messages during observing?  
-      *  "Google calendar" alarms? 
- 
- 
-  -  ACTION: Observing and monitoring 
-    *  Ww Tsys monitoring (NZ) 
-    *  Better LBA monitoring 
-      *  Monica alarm functionality coordination at observatories (LBA) 
-      *  Firewall issues with NZ (AUT, Chris) 
-    *  Utilise all available time at Tid (Shinji, ATNF) - CONT 
-    *  Get Parkes calibration data (Tasso, JER, Ettore) - CONT 
-    *  Get Tsys data on ATCA (Chris, Tasso) - CONT 
-    *  ATCA Array phasing issues (Chris, Jamie, Tasso) -CONT 
-      *  Ensure ABphase set when autophase on (Chris) 
-      *  Show ABphase on Wiki (Chris) 
-    *  Update notes on CABB gain equalisation via sampler stats (Jamie S) 
-    *  Monitor H-maser rate at ASKAP (ATNF) - CONT 
-    *  Move Cd to dBBC and Mk5c (UTas) 
-    *  Determine Frequency to Channel mapping at Tid (Shinji) 
- 
-  -  ACTION: eVLBI pointing for Ww (Chris, Cormac, Jamie M, NZ) - CONT 
- 
- 
-  -  ACTION: Data storage and transfers 
-    *  Review data transfer options - ** CONT ** 
-    *  Spare Mk5 to Geraldton for Ye data transfers? (AuScope, ATNF) 
-    *  rsync to PBStore and check transfers. 
-    *  Investigate 10 Gbps links at UTas. (UTas) 
-    *  Investigate feasibility of centralised data transfer (LBA) 
- 
- 
- 
-  -  ACTION: Correlators 
-    *  Advance warning (in proposal) to correlator of technical requirements of observations (PIs) 
-    *  Feedback from PIs. Add to Pi letter? (Phil, PIs) 
-    *  Pipeline imaging (Cormac, Chris) 
-      *  Reduction pipeline on Cave for e-VLBI (Chris, Cormac) 
-      *  make pipeline available to PIs? 
-      *  Pipeline reduction for cals only 
-        *  Cal flux-vs-time and compare with ATCA. 
-        *  1921-293 flux vs ATCA. 
-    *  Copy LBA data archive to ATNF (Curtin, ATNF) -CONT  
-      *  Integrate with S2 archive (ATNF) 
-      *  investigate RPFITS issues with Adam. 
-    *  LBA archive online via ATOA? (Tasso) - CONT 
-      *  Investigate RPFITS and IDIFITS issues in ATOA (ATNF) 
- 
-    *  CAL notes on Wiki and inform PIs (LBA) 
-    *  Aim for Tsys extraction at correlator (Curtin, ATNF) 
- 
-    *  DiFX on Pawsey computers (Cormac) 
-      *  explore other supercomputer options 
- 
-  -  ACTION: Networks and e-VLBI Demos - ** CONT ** 
-    *  Invite IVEC to networking meetings (ATNF) 
-    *  Overseas telescopes in eVLBI? (Tasso) 
-      *  Indian connectivity? Letter to GMRT re VLBI timing issues (Tasso) 
-      *  Regular Asia eVLBI tests? 
-      *  Malaysia connectivity? (ATNF) 
-    *  Demos 
-      *  NEXPReS BoD by June 2013 (Tasso, AARNet) 
-      *  MWA demo in July? ASKAP demo? 
-      *  ASKAP-KAT7 in eVLBI? 
-      *  10 GBps correlation (Chris, Cormac) 
-    *  Network costs from AARNet. 
- 
-  -  ACTION: e-VLBI developments - ** CONT ** 
-    *  Promote eVLBI better (All) 
-    *  eVLBI scheduling (cf EVN of ~10sessions/year) (ATNF) 
-    *  Advertise better e-VLBI capabilities with DiFX 2.0 (Tasso) 
-    *  Utilise more e-VLBI test-time (ATNF) 
-    *  Finalise VTP standard (Chris) 
-    *  Investigate Tid e-VLBI connectivity (Tasso) 
- 
- 
-  -  ACTION: VLBI/eVLBI technical developments 
-    *  Monitor developments of DBBCs, DBEs etc (All) 
-      *  new DAS? 
-      *  Xcube commissioning 
-      *  Progress in CABB wide-band system (ATNF)  
-    *  Monitor recorder/Disk developments (all) 
-      *  Replacement of LBA recorders/Disks? 
-    *  Investigate Tsys logging in DBBC  
-    *  Cal scheme for linear-circular polarisation conversion (Chris, Cormac) 
- 
-  -  ACTION: VLBI Science meeting in Darwin/Katherine. Mid-2013? (Tasso, Jim) 
- 
-  -  ACTION: Next Ops meeting venue at Perth/Pawsey (Tasso, Cormac) 
- 
  
lbaops/actionslba-ops-2014.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:38 (external edit)