User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2008dec10

This is an old revision of the document!


VLBI teleconference, 10 December 2008

12.00 Perth, 14.00 Eastern, 16.00 New Zealand

Phone:

Vic:03 9545 8222
NSW:02 9490 8022
ACT:02 6276 6622
Qld:07 3214 2311
WA:08 6436 8844
SA:08 8273 8122
NT:08 8944 8488
Tas:03 6232 5188

Meeting ID: 0530

Chair * Jim Lovell Agenda * Review of Actions from last meeting * xx * Reports/feedback from November VLBI session * Parkes (Tasso, Shaun, Ben, John) * ATCA & Mopra (Chris, Richard, Maria) * Ceduna (Jamie & Jamie) * Hobart (Brett et al.) * Tidbinbilla (Shinji) * eVLBI tests to Curtin (<1 Gbps and >1 Gbps) (Phillips/Tingay) * e-VLBI demo to Curtin (Tzioumis/Tingay) * LBA operations/eVLBI/Networking meeting (Tzioumis/Tingay) * ASKAP VLBI Expression of Interest (Tingay) * Update on New Zealand antenna (Gulyaev) * Update on Curtin cluster at Narrabri (Phillips/Amy) * AuScope Update (Lovell) * AOB Actions arising (new items in blue) * One of Curtin Mark5B+ units to be shipped to AUT when they arrive, plus an invoice to AUT. (Steven) * Swinburne archive of correlated VLBI data to be moved to ATNF & Curtin at end of all Swinburne correlation (Steven/Claire) * Options for disks and data transport: * Buying excess disks from Swinburne VLBI pool and/or Mk5 disks. (Tasso/Steven) * Initiate discussion on next generation VLBI systems and disks (Mk5b/Mk5c/of-the-self) for the March LBA meeting. (Tasso/Steven) * Setup some tests to see if IVEC transfer will work, look at viability, timescales, data rates (Chris/Claire) * List on the Wiki available bands/polarisations at each LBA antenna. Also update “standard bands” (from S2) and define “standard” bands for wide-band recording. (Cormac/Tasso) * Test 10 Gbps from IVEC into Curtin cluster (Steven/Cormac/Chris) * March LBA meeting and eVLBI demo preparations: * Tasso to prepare a 'block schedule' for the meeting and seek comment (Tasso) * Block schedule next year should avoid Nov/Dec if possible: it's too windy (Phil) * Provide additional advice to PIs on scheduling the ATCA to keep it phased up at 8 GHz and above (Tasso) * Some of the new 750 GB disks appear to have bigbuf problems at 512 Mbps. Claire to send Jim some disks for an out-of-session test at Hobart (Claire/Jim) * Capacity calculations need fixing in cDisko (actually recorder_server) (Jamie S) * Curtin Cluster at Narrabri: wo would like to get the cluster up once the network is installed. Action on Tasso and Shaun to get the networking going as soon as possible (Tasso/Shaun) ** * Organise next telecon: ??, 2pm Sydney time (Tasso/Chris)

lbaops/telecon2008dec10.1228956810.txt.gz · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)