User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2009jul29

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
lbaops:telecon2009jul29 [2009/07/27 16:24]
guest
lbaops:telecon2009jul29 [2015/12/18 16:39] (current)
Line 12: Line 12:
 |  NT:|08 8944 8488 | |  NT:|08 8944 8488 |
 | Tas:|03 6232 5188 | | Tas:|03 6232 5188 |
-Meeting ID: ???+Meeting ID: 2958
  
 Chair: Tasso Tzioumis Chair: Tasso Tzioumis
  
 Attendance:  Attendance: 
-?? +Oleg Titov (GA, Canberra); Shinji Horiuchi (SDCCC, Canberra);Claire Hotan, Aquib Moin, Cormac Reynolds, Hayley Bignall (Curtin);  Tzioumis, Phillips, Carretti (ATNF Marsfield); Phil EdwardsJamie Stevens (ATNF, Narrabri); Sergei Gulyaev, Tim Nanush (AUT)
-(:comment Oleg Titov (GA, Canberra); Shinji Horiuchi (SDCCC, Canberra);Claire Hotan, Aidan Hotan, Aquib Moin, Cormac Reynolds, Hayley Bignall (Curtin); Simon Ellingsen (UTas); Tzioumis, Phillips (ATNF Marsfield); Richard DodsonMaria Rioja (UWA):)+
  
-Apologies:  +Apologies: Steven Tingay, Jim Lovell
-?? +
-(:comment Phil Edwards, Steven Tingay :)+
  
  
Line 61: Line 58:
  
   *  AOB   *  AOB
 +    *  HI VLBI with ATCA?
  
 **Actions arising** **Actions arising**
Line 69: Line 66:
 GENERAL GENERAL
  
->>comment<< 
   *  Swinburne archive of correlated VLBI data to be moved to ATNF & Curtin at end of all Swinburne correlation (Steven/Claire) - update 28/01/09 - Swinburne correlation complete.  Claire transferring data to Curtin.  Will tidy up before sending on to ATNF.  Claire to advise ATNF on archive size. 11/2/09 - in progress. 21/5/09: All data in archive. Will check and make available to ATNF.Continuing (11/6/09)   *  Swinburne archive of correlated VLBI data to be moved to ATNF & Curtin at end of all Swinburne correlation (Steven/Claire) - update 28/01/09 - Swinburne correlation complete.  Claire transferring data to Curtin.  Will tidy up before sending on to ATNF.  Claire to advise ATNF on archive size. 11/2/09 - in progress. 21/5/09: All data in archive. Will check and make available to ATNF.Continuing (11/6/09)
-    *  ** Determine what meta-data should be archived (ATNF/Curtin)** +    *   Determine what meta-data should be archived (ATNF/Curtin) 
-    *  ** Determine what muct be included in the user-accessible archive vs. archive at correlator (atnf/Curtin)**+    *   Determine what muct be included in the user-accessible archive vs. archive at correlator (atnf/Curtin) 
 +     ** Recheck Swinburne archive at Curtin (Chris Phillips)** 
 +    *  ** History of LBA observations based on //this// wiki [[http://cira.ivec.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/correlator/records |available here]] (to permit preliminary sorting for archive) (Claire)
  
   *  Provide additional advice to PIs on scheduling the ATCA to keep it phased up at 8 GHz and above (Tasso) - update 28/01/09 - Richard to have input regards polarisation properties. 11/2/09 - to be tested with observations in next session. Richard provided report. To be disseminated to community. (21/5/09)   *  Provide additional advice to PIs on scheduling the ATCA to keep it phased up at 8 GHz and above (Tasso) - update 28/01/09 - Richard to have input regards polarisation properties. 11/2/09 - to be tested with observations in next session. Richard provided report. To be disseminated to community. (21/5/09)
-    *  ** New CABB systems may need experimentation to check best strategy and implementation for phasing the array. (Phil/Chris/Tasso)**+    *  New CABB systems may need experimentation to check best strategy and implementation for phasing the array. (Phil/Chris/Tasso) 
 +    *  ** Need to wait for CABB system to be finalised. (Tasso)**
  
   *  List on the Wiki available bands/polarisations at each LBA antenna. Also update "standard bands" (from S2) and define "standard" bands for wide-band recording. (Cormac/Tasso). 11/2/09 - initial progress within SCHED. Will be further followed up.   *  List on the Wiki available bands/polarisations at each LBA antenna. Also update "standard bands" (from S2) and define "standard" bands for wide-band recording. (Cormac/Tasso). 11/2/09 - initial progress within SCHED. Will be further followed up.
-    *  ** Review what information is already available in freq.dat in SCHED (Chris/Cormac) **+    *  Review what information is already available in freq.dat in SCHED (Chris/Cormac)  
 +    *  ** Build ATNF version of SCHED while waiting for Chris Walker to implement changes in the distributed version (Cormac/Chris)**
  
-  *  Curtin Cluster at Narrabri: Networking operational and configuration to be done on 12/06/09. To be brought to operation (Chris/Shaun/Jamie) +  *  Curtin Cluster at Narrabri: Networking operational and configuration to be done on 12/06/09. To be brought to operation (Chris/Shaun/Jamie). ** DONE ** 
-    *   36 TB store on cluster may need configuring. Steven initiated contact with IVEC expert who is working with Chris.+    *   36 TB store on cluster may need configuring. Steven initiated contact with IVEC expert who is working with Chris. Needs DHCP. (Chris/Jamie/Shaun)
  
  
-  *  ARCS transfers. +  *  ARCS transfers. ** DONE ** 
     *  ** Prepare checklist for procedures for next session. (Claire)**     *  ** Prepare checklist for procedures for next session. (Claire)**
     *  ** Get observers to update disk usage on wiki (all) **     *  ** Get observers to update disk usage on wiki (all) **
Line 94: Line 94:
       *  ** Networking requirements - nominate someone from each institution to liaise with Graham re: port requirements etc. and //be available to make changes// (If you'll be travelling, nominate a deputy) **       *  ** Networking requirements - nominate someone from each institution to liaise with Graham re: port requirements etc. and //be available to make changes// (If you'll be travelling, nominate a deputy) **
  
-  *  ** Checklist for all LBA observations. Initial copy from Hobart (Brett). To be developed during next session (Tasso/Claire/Hayley) ** +  *  New actions with ARCS 
-    *  ** Disk wiki to also show number of files at end of expt? (Claire)**+    *  ** Better coordination with ARCS (Tasso) ** 
 +    *  ** Wiki transfers page with "blackout times" (Claire/atnf) ** 
 +    *  ** Script to produce file counts & check for missing files (Jamie) ** 
 + 
 + 
 +  *  ** Checklist for all LBA observations. Initial copy from Hobart (Brett). To be developed during next session (Tasso/Claire/Hayley) ** ** DONE ** 
 +    *  ** Disk wiki to also show number of files at end of expt? (Claire)** ** Superseded**
  
   *  Mk5 Disks. New units to be ordered for correlation in Curtin and/or Bonn. Steven and Tasso to coordinate.   *  Mk5 Disks. New units to be ordered for correlation in Curtin and/or Bonn. Steven and Tasso to coordinate.
Line 102: Line 108:
   *  ** Proposal to always correlate LBA data with all 4 Stokes, unless PI objects. Richard to write short report and justification, after checking with ATCA data. **   *  ** Proposal to always correlate LBA data with all 4 Stokes, unless PI objects. Richard to write short report and justification, after checking with ATCA data. **
  
-  *  ** Unified LBA monitoring and control, to include Ho & Cd. Initial tests done in May. Will be tried more fully in July. (Simon/Jamie/Tasso) **+  *  ** Unified LBA monitoring and control, to include Ho & Cd. Initial tests done in May. Will be tried more fully in July. Continue to develop. (Simon/Jamie/Tasso) **
  
 NEXT OBSERVING SESSION NEXT OBSERVING SESSION
  
  
-  *  Observing support for next session +  *  Observing support for next session  (Sept 09)
     *  ** Observers organised for ATNF antennas. Tasso to coordinate. **     *  ** Observers organised for ATNF antennas. Tasso to coordinate. **
-    *  ** Disks to observatories. Plenty of disks at Curtin. Claire/Tasso to coordinate ** +    *  ** Disks to observatories. Claire/Tasso to coordinate ** 
-      *  ** Disk list from Parkes to Claire (Ettore/Tasso) ** +      *  ** Mk5 Disk list from Parkes to Claire (Ettore/Tasso) ** 
-      *  ** Check disk inventory and ship. May need to ship only to Narrabri. (Claire) **+      *  ** Replace faulty disks in Parkes Xraid sets (Ettore/JER) **
  
 +  *  ** Set deadline for PI schedules for next session for 21 August (Phil) **
 +
 +  *  ** PI letters to ask for .key files and direct PIs to calibrator list. (Phil/Chris/Cormac)
  
 OTHER OTHER
  
-  *  ** Collaborations with South America may be possible, to compensate for loss of Hart. TIGO (Chile), O'Higgins (Antarctica), Fortaleza (Brazil) & antenna in Peru. Tasso to investigate. **+  *  ** Follow up re disk problems at Ceduna in last session. Consult Simon/Jim (Tasso) ** 
 + 
 + 
 +  *  ** eVLBI data pipeline to be set on Cave (Cormac/Chris) ** 
 + 
 +  *  ** Ensure that all V271B sets are not rewitten. Transfers to Bonn in Sept. (All/Chris) ** 
 + 
 +  *  ** Investigate and test file-systems on XRAIDs to avoid problems. (Cormac/Jamie/Chris) ** 
 + 
 +  *  ** GMRT tests at Curtin (data compatibility) and organise Pks-GMRT VLBI (Tasso) ** 
 + 
 +  *  ** Recorded VLBI with NZ in November? One 16 MHz channel with old system. (AUT/atnf) ** 
 + 
 +  *  ** Investigate differential GPS setups for troposphere/ionosphere calibration (Chris/Cormac/Jamie) ** 
 + 
 +  *  ** cdisko & recorder fixes and updates before session (Chris/Jamie) ** 
 + 
 +  *  Collaborations with South America may be possible, to compensate for loss of Hart. TIGO (Chile), O'Higgins (Antarctica), Fortaleza (Brazil) & antenna in Peru. Tasso to investigate. 
     *  ** Small antennas to South America. Will continue investigating. **     *  ** Small antennas to South America. Will continue investigating. **
 +    *  ** Initial contacts made. Will continue. Demo in 2009? (Tasso) **
  
   *  ** Next LBA ops/e-VLBI meeting next February, during IVS week in Hobart (8-12th). May be able to have LBA meeting Thu-Fri (11-12). Tasso to explore and coordinate. **   *  ** Next LBA ops/e-VLBI meeting next February, during IVS week in Hobart (8-12th). May be able to have LBA meeting Thu-Fri (11-12). Tasso to explore and coordinate. **
  
-  *  ** Possible APAN e-VLBI demo in February, same period as IVS meeting. To explore further and minimise conflict. (Chris/Tasso) ** +  *  ** Possible APAN e-VLBI demo in February, same period as IVS meeting. To explore further and minimise conflict. Contact AARNet. (Chris/Tasso) ** 
->><< + 
-  *  Next telecon: Thu, ??  2009, ??pm Sydney time (Tasso/Chris/Cormac)+ 
 +  *  Next telecon: Thu, 27 August 2009, 1:30pm Sydney time (Tasso/Chris/Cormac)
  
  
lbaops/telecon2009jul29.1248675892.txt.gz · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)