User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2009jun11

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
lbaops:telecon2009jun11 [2009/06/11 17:51]
guest
lbaops:telecon2009jun11 [2015/12/18 16:39] (current)
Line 73: Line 73:
     *  ** Prepare checklist for procedures for next session. (Claire)**     *  ** Prepare checklist for procedures for next session. (Claire)**
     *  ** Get observers to update disk usage on wiki (all) **     *  ** Get observers to update disk usage on wiki (all) **
-    *  ** Determine contact persons at telescopes for disk changes (Phil) ** 
     *  ** Prepare for 2nd phase of implementation of transfers, to include Hobart, Tid (via Canberra ARCS node) and Ceduna (via Adelaide ARCS node). May need XRAIDs at ARCS nodes. To be explored with ARCS contacts (Steven).**     *  ** Prepare for 2nd phase of implementation of transfers, to include Hobart, Tid (via Canberra ARCS node) and Ceduna (via Adelaide ARCS node). May need XRAIDs at ARCS nodes. To be explored with ARCS contacts (Steven).**
       *  ** Hobart transfers via ARCS to be tried in July. **       *  ** Hobart transfers via ARCS to be tried in July. **
       *  ** Explore doing Tid transfers vis USB/eSATA disk copy to ARCS in Canberra (Chris/Claire)**       *  ** Explore doing Tid transfers vis USB/eSATA disk copy to ARCS in Canberra (Chris/Claire)**
 +    *  ** Communication re networks (Claire)**
 +      *  ** Transfer times - send explicit list of required downtimes to Graham **
 +      *  ** Networking requirements - nominate someone from each institution to liaise with Graham re: port requirements etc. and //be available to make changes// (If you'll be travelling, nominate a deputy) **
  
   *  ** Checklist for all LBA observations. Initial copy from Hobart (Brett). To be developed during next session (Tasso/Claire/Hayley) **   *  ** Checklist for all LBA observations. Initial copy from Hobart (Brett). To be developed during next session (Tasso/Claire/Hayley) **
 +    *  ** Disk wiki to also show number of files at end of expt? (Claire)**
  
   *  Mk5 Disks. New units to be ordered for correlation in Curtin and/or Bonn. Steven and Tasso to coordinate.   *  Mk5 Disks. New units to be ordered for correlation in Curtin and/or Bonn. Steven and Tasso to coordinate.
Line 90: Line 93:
  
  
-  *  Observing support for next session +  *  Observing support for next session **DONE**
     *  ** Observers organised for ATNF antennas. Tasso to coordinate. **     *  ** Observers organised for ATNF antennas. Tasso to coordinate. **
     *  ** Disks to observatories. Plenty of disks at Curtin. Claire/Tasso to coordinate **     *  ** Disks to observatories. Plenty of disks at Curtin. Claire/Tasso to coordinate **
 +      *  ** Disk list from Parkes to Claire (Ettore/Tasso) **
 +      *  ** Check disk inventory and ship. May need to ship only to Narrabri. (Claire) **
  
  
 OTHER OTHER
- 
-  *  ** VLBI ASKAP proposal from EoI. Draft to be circulated. (Steven) ** 
  
   *  ** Collaborations with South America may be possible, to compensate for loss of Hart. TIGO (Chile), O'Higgins (Antarctica), Fortaleza (Brazil) & antenna in Peru. Tasso to investigate. **   *  ** Collaborations with South America may be possible, to compensate for loss of Hart. TIGO (Chile), O'Higgins (Antarctica), Fortaleza (Brazil) & antenna in Peru. Tasso to investigate. **
 +    *  ** Small antennas to South America. Will continue investigating. **
  
   *  ** Next LBA ops/e-VLBI meeting next February, during IVS week in Hobart (8-12th). May be able to have LBA meeting Thu-Fri (11-12). Tasso to explore and coordinate. **   *  ** Next LBA ops/e-VLBI meeting next February, during IVS week in Hobart (8-12th). May be able to have LBA meeting Thu-Fri (11-12). Tasso to explore and coordinate. **
  
 +  *  ** Possible APAN e-VLBI demo in February, same period as IVS meeting. To explore further and minimise conflict. (Chris/Tasso) **
  
-  *  Next telecon: Thu, 16 July 2009, 2pm Sydney time (Tasso/Chris/Cormac)+  *  Next telecon: Thu, 29 July 2009, 3pm Sydney time (Tasso/Chris/Cormac)
  
  
lbaops/telecon2009jun11.1244706665.txt.gz · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)