User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2009may21

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
lbaops:telecon2009may21 [2009/05/21 18:54]
guest
lbaops:telecon2009may21 [2015/12/18 16:39] (current)
Line 62: Line 62:
   *  Swinburne archive of correlated VLBI data to be moved to ATNF & Curtin at end of all Swinburne correlation (Steven/Claire) - update 28/01/09 - Swinburne correlation complete.  Claire transferring data to Curtin.  Will tidy up before sending on to ATNF.  Claire to advise ATNF on archive size. 11/2/09 - in progress. 21/5/09: All data in archive. Will check and make available to ATNF.   *  Swinburne archive of correlated VLBI data to be moved to ATNF & Curtin at end of all Swinburne correlation (Steven/Claire) - update 28/01/09 - Swinburne correlation complete.  Claire transferring data to Curtin.  Will tidy up before sending on to ATNF.  Claire to advise ATNF on archive size. 11/2/09 - in progress. 21/5/09: All data in archive. Will check and make available to ATNF.
  
-  *   Separating XRAID disk pools. All SWIN disks to be returned to Swinburne. Curtin has already done so. ATCA and Hobart ready to ship. (21/5/09)+  *   Separating XRAID disk pools. All SWIN disks to be returned to Swinburne. Curtin has already done so. ATCA and Hobart ready to ship. (21/5/09). ** COMPLETED. 3/6/09 **
    
-  *  Provide additional advice to PIs on scheduling the ATCA to keep it phased up at 8 GHz and above (Tasso) - update 28/01/09 - Richard to have input regards polarisation properties. 11/2/09 - to be tested with observations in next session. Richard provided report. To be disseminate to community. (21/5/09) +  *  Provide additional advice to PIs on scheduling the ATCA to keep it phased up at 8 GHz and above (Tasso) - update 28/01/09 - Richard to have input regards polarisation properties. 11/2/09 - to be tested with observations in next session. Richard provided report. To be disseminated to community. (21/5/09) 
-    *  ** New CABB systems may need experimentation to check best strategy and implementation for phasing the array. (Phi/Chris/Tasso)**+    *  ** New CABB systems may need experimentation to check best strategy and implementation for phasing the array. (Phil/Chris/Tasso)**
  
   *  List on the Wiki available bands/polarisations at each LBA antenna. Also update "standard bands" (from S2) and define "standard" bands for wide-band recording. (Cormac/Tasso). 11/2/09 - initial progress within SCHED. Will be further followed up.   *  List on the Wiki available bands/polarisations at each LBA antenna. Also update "standard bands" (from S2) and define "standard" bands for wide-band recording. (Cormac/Tasso). 11/2/09 - initial progress within SCHED. Will be further followed up.
Line 73: Line 73:
  
  
 +  *  ARCS transfers. 
 +    *  ** Prepare checklist for procedures for next session. (Claire)**
 +    *  ** Get observers to update disk usage on wiki (all) **
 +    *  ** Determine contact persons at telescopes for disk changes (Phil) ** ** DONE! (Jamie at Narrabri; Ettore at Parkes) **
 +    *  ** Prepare for 2nd phase of implementation of transfers, to include Hobart, Tid (via Canberra ARCS node) and Ceduna (via Adelaide ARCS node). Will need XRAIDs at ARCS nodes. To be explored with ARCS contacts (Steven).**
  
 +  *  ** Checklist for all LBA observations. (Tasso/Claire/Hayley) **
  
 +  *  ** Mk5 Disks. New units to be ordered for correlation in Curtin and/or Bonn. Steven and Tasso to coordinate.**
 +
 +
 +  *  ** Proposal to always correlate LBA data with all 4 Stokes, unless PI objects. Richard to write short justification **
 +
 +  *  ** Unified LBA monitoring and control, to include Ho & Cd. (Jamie/Tasso) **
  
 NEXT OBSERVING SESSION NEXT OBSERVING SESSION
Line 80: Line 92:
  
   *  Observing support for next session    *  Observing support for next session 
 +    *  ** Observers organised for ATNF antennas. Tasso to coordinate. ** 
 +    *  ** Disks to observatories. Plenty of disks at Curtin. Claire/Tasso to coordinate **
  
  
 OTHER OTHER
  
 +  *  ** VLBI ASKAP proposal from EoI. Draft to be circulated. (Steven) ** ** DONE **
 +
 +  *  ** Collaborations with South America may be possible, to compensate for loss of Hart. TIGO (Chile), O'Higgins (Antarctica), Fortaleza (Brazil) & antenna in Peru. Tasso to investigate. **
 +
 +  *  ** Next LBA ops/e-VLBI meeting next February, during IVS week in Hobart (8-12th). May be able to have LBA meeting Thu-Fri (11-12/02/2010). Tasso to explore and coordinate. **
  
  
-  *  Next telecon: Wed 10 or 17 June ??, 2009, 2pm Sydney time (Tasso/Chris)+  *  Next telecon: Thu 11 June, 2009, 2pm Sydney time (Tasso/Chris/Cormac)
  
  
lbaops/telecon2009may21.1242896091.txt.gz · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)