User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2011dec13

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
lbaops:telecon2011dec13 [2011/12/13 13:59]
chris.phillips
lbaops:telecon2011dec13 [2015/12/18 16:39] (current)
Line 16: Line 16:
 Chair: Tasso Tzioumis Chair: Tasso Tzioumis
  
-Attendance: +Attendance: Cormac Reynolds, Hayley Bignall, John Morgan (Curtin); Shaun Amy, Tasso Tzioumis, Chris Phillips, Phil Edwards (CASS Marsfield); Simon Ellingsen, Jim Lovell (UTas); Jamie Stevens (CASS Narrabri); Richard Dodson (UWA)
  
 Apologies:  Apologies: 
Line 54: Line 54:
     *  Next DIFX Developers Meeting     *  Next DIFX Developers Meeting
     *  Mixed Band Testing     *  Mixed Band Testing
 +    *  Report form eVLBI workshop in South Africa
 +    *  News from AuScope
 +    *  LBA monitoring issues
 +    *  Cd Mk5C + dBBC
  
  
 **Actions arising** **Actions arising**
 +
 +CARRIED FORWARD/UPDATED
 +  *  Consolidation of the LBA Archive to include all ATNF + Swinburne + Curtin correlated LBA data. Should also add in eVLBI output data. Maintain complete archives at Curtin and ATNF (ATNF/Curtin)
 +    *  ATNF to develop online access to this archive (ATNF) ** - Continuing **
 +    *  ** Arrange ATOA on-line access to archive (ATNF) **
 +  *  Copy LBA data archive from Curtin to ATNF (Curtin, Chris) ** continuing **
 +  *  Transfer of LBA archive from Curtin to ATNF needs route. Firewall issues? (Chris, Shaun)
 +
 +  *  Guidelines for phasing the atca more often during vlbi observations (ATNF) - ** to be revisited **
 +    *  Try automatic pcal via schedules on atca (Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  Implement upgrade for programmable cable changes on VLBI DAS.  (Chris, Jamie S) ** continuing **
 +    *  Contact Peter Mirtchin re DAS remote cabling changes via VSIC (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Update Parkes VLBI notes on Wiki (Jamie, JER, Tasso)
 +    *  Mk5 notes for Parkes on Wiki (Chris, JER, Tasso)
 +    *  Parkes Calibration notes (JER, Ettore)
 +
 +  *  Investigate/implement mixed mode correlation (64 MHz & 4 x 16 MHz) at Curtin correlator (Cormac, Chris) ** continuing **
 +
 +  *  Proposal for VLBI with GMRT for next round (All) ** continuing **
 +
 +  *  Need to train observers for all antennas as more remote observing is anticipated (Tasso) ** continuing **
 +
 +  *  Organise e-VLBI demo with Brazil (Tasso)
 +  *  eVLBI demo to Korea at K-band (Chris)
 +
 +  *  LBA monitoring problems due to ares issues at UTas (Jamie M) ** continuing
 +    *  Need to find alternative access.
 +
 +NEW ACTION ITEMS
 +
 +  *  Ceduna issues persisting. (UTas)
 +    *  Evaluate results of test with Rb vs H-maser at S-band during LBA session (UTas, CASS, Curtin)
 +
 +  *  Check with NZ re issues with Ww drives (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Implement larger filesizes for recording (1 minute) since number of files is impacting the PB store (Chris, Jamie)
 +
 +  *  Need correlator report on telescope performances before March session (Curtin)
 +
 +  *  Need ASKAP data from Nov session. Disk needs to be sent to MRO and data copied (Tasso, Chris)
 +
 +  *  Investigate Rx for Methanol at ASKAP. Very desirable and usable. (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Check and delete old VTxxx data at Mp and At (Chris)
 +
 +  *  Check if UTas has full 10G connection to campus (Simon)
 +
 +  *  Progress GMRT vlbi tests (ATNF, Curtin)
 +
 +  *  Graham Jenkins is leaving VPAK. need to make new arrangements. Check with VPAK systems manager Craig West (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Test new DiFX fixes for mixed-band mode. (Cormac)
 +
 +  *  Participate in doodle poll for next DiFX meeting. Sydney? (all)
 +
 +  *  Comments on LBA monitoring to Jamie (all)
 +
 +  *  Auto pcal tests on ATCA (Jamie)
 +  *  test time for K-band tied-array phase tests at ATCA (Jamie, Richard)
 +
 +  *  Remind Shaun re extra disks for LBA archive. (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Ceduna to get new MK5C + dBBC and Ho 26m a MK5B. Need to integrate Mk5 monitoring into LBA. (UTas, Jamie S.)
 +
 +
 +  *  Check with AARNet re network access to MRO for March (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Next LBA annual operations meeting in Marsfield on 21-22 Feb 2012 for full 2 days. To include networking session and VLBA 1/2 day (Tasso)
 +    *  need text re VLBA discussion (Cormac)
 +    *  Check with Phil Diamond and Steven Tingay re VLBA access (Tasso)
 +    *  Check for AARNet participation (Tasso)
 +
 +Next meeting: LBA operations meeting. 21-22 February 2012. CASS at Sydney.
 +
lbaops/telecon2011dec13.1323745161.txt.gz · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)