User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2013aug27

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
lbaops:telecon2013aug27 [2013/08/27 14:11]
tasso
lbaops:telecon2013aug27 [2015/12/18 16:39] (current)
Line 16: Line 16:
 Chair: Tasso Tzioumis Chair: Tasso Tzioumis
  
-Attendance: ​+Attendance: ​Cormac Reynolds (Curtin); Tasso Tzioumis, Chris Phillips, Phil Edwards, Yiannis Gonidakis (CASS Marsfield); Jamie Stevens (CASS Narrabri); Shinji Horiuchi (ATDSCC); Jamie McCallum, Brett Reid (UTas); ​ Laura(GA); ​ Stuart Weston (AUT, NZ)
  
 Apologies: ​ Apologies: ​
Line 81: Line 81:
 CARRIED FORWARD/​UPDATED/​CONTINUING CARRIED FORWARD/​UPDATED/​CONTINUING
  
 +  *  LBA data archive consolidation and copy at CASS. (CASS, Curtin)
 +    *  LBA data archive. Need ATNF disk space (Tasso, Shaun) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  ATCA phasing. Check performance and implementation (Jamie S, Richard)** Updated **
 +    *  Definitely need >200 mJy calibrators. Stress in documentation. (ATNF)
 +    *  Ask PIs to nominate phase-cals and check fluxes BEFORE scheduled observations (Phil, Jasmie S)
 +
 +  *  ATCA Tsys via CABB (CASS) ** Updated **
 +    *  Investigate implementation by Bob Sault (Tasso)
 +    *  Consult with Carrad and Sault about Tsys implementation on the CABB (Tasso) ​
 +    *  Check with WEW and test whether acal scale preserved when mode changed to VLBI (Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  Observer training and remote observing (Tasso) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Wiki logs (All) ** Continuing **
 +    *  Log transfers quickly to FTP area and/or Wiki (ALL) ** Continuing **
 +    *  Annual "​best"​ wiki-log competition. To be judged by correlator at annual Ops meeting. (Cormac)
 +
 +  *  Schedule more 32 GHz tests with ATCA? (Phil) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Pawsey centre access for VLBI and eVLBI (Chris, Cormac) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Linear to Circular polarisation conversion. (Chris, Richard, Cormac) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Monitoring "​check-list"​ for ATNF telescopes (Chris, Jamie S) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Check-list for ASKAP Rx changes. Especially 100 MHz reference for X-band. (Tasso, Suzy).** Continuing **
 +    *  Include on Wiki documentation (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  For ATCA include in Wiki log: ref ant, pad, tied-array. Default ant03 on W104. (Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  For Tid, determine which antenna is scheduled in block-schedule and modify setup files (Cormac, Shinji, Phil)
 +
 +  *  Xcube developments and report in Korea meeting (Xcube, Tasso, Chris) ** Updated **
 +
 +  *  Implement "​intents"​ keyword from Vex schedule into ATNF schedules for auto-phasing (Jamie, Chris) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Arrange tests on Curtin Xcube (Chris, Cormac) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Onsource info from ATCA. Fix cgi scripts (Chris) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Investigate desirability of upgrade NZ connection from 1 Gbps to 10 Gbps (All) ** Continuing **
  
 NEW ACTION ITEMS NEW ACTION ITEMS
  
 +  *  Investigate remote resets on PMON at ATCA? Now need DA (Phil, Jamie)
 +  *  DA role during LBA sessions (Phil, Tasso, Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  Check Mp at 22 and 32 GHz for coherence and fringes (Chris, Jamie S, Tasso, Phil)
 +
 +  *  Procedures for raising Ho observers on Skype. Telephone? (UTas)
 +
 +  *  Get Ww FS log comments onto Wiki. Use UTas "​floggit"​ script and automate? (Stuart, Chris, Jamie M.)
 +
 +  *  Need VSIC remote switch for Tid to avoid cable problems. Check at ATNF (Chris, Jamie S., Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Trial Ke and Yg remote monitoring. Check network loading (Jamie & Jamie)
 +
 +  *  Spare 500 GB disks from ATNF to UTas for Xraid rebuilds (Chris, Jamie M.)
 +
 +  *  Keep vc numbering for rtfc but use separate schedules only when necessary (Phil, Cormac)
 +
 +  *  Fix recmon to track correct experiment name, especially due complex recordings for Ellingsen (Chris, Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  List Mk5 rtfc times for each observation from schedules (Cormac, Chris)
 +
 +  *  Prepare for next LBA session on 18-26 November 2013 (All)
 +  *  Arrange support for spacecraft observations on 29 Dec. (ATNF)
 +  *  Prepare for Feb-March 2014 runs around VSOP sessions. 2-3 days every 9 days. 4 runs (21/2, 2/3, 10/3, 17/3)  - ALL
 +
 +  *  Prepare for special arrangements to cope with possible PB store relocation and ~6-week break (Cormac, All)
  
 STANDING ACTION ITEMS STANDING ACTION ITEMS
  
-  *  VLBI science meeting in 2014 at Darwin (?) and setup LOC, SOC (Tasso)+  ​*  Next LBA Ops meeting in Feb 2014. Perth? Decide dates and place (Tasso) 
 + 
 +  ​*  VLBI science meeting in 2014 at Darwin (?) and setup LOC, SOC (Tasso, Jim) 
  
  
 +Next meeting: October-November 2013
  
-Next meeting: TBD 
lbaops/telecon2013aug27.1377576688.txt.gz · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)