User Tools

Site Tools


lbaops:telecon2013jun24

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
lbaops:telecon2013jun24 [2013/06/21 22:01]
tasso
lbaops:telecon2013jun24 [2013/08/26 23:56]
tasso
Line 1: Line 1:
-======  VLBI teleconference, Thursday 6 June 2013 ======+======  VLBI teleconference, Monday 24 June 2013 ======
 =====  02:00 UT  - 10:00 Perth, 12:00 AEST, 14:00 New Zealand  ===== =====  02:00 UT  - 10:00 Perth, 12:00 AEST, 14:00 New Zealand  =====
  
Line 16: Line 16:
 Chair: Tasso Tzioumis Chair: Tasso Tzioumis
  
-Attendance: +Attendance: Cormac Reynolds, Hayley Bignall (Curtin); Tasso Tzioumis, Chris Phillips, Phil Edwards, Yiannis Gonidakis, John Reynolds (CASS Marsfield); Jamie Stevens (CASS Narrabri); Jamie McCallum (UTas);  Richard Dodson (UWA)
      
  
-Apologies: +Apologies: Jonathan Quick (Hart) [Written report supplied]
  
 **Agenda** **Agenda**
Line 44: Line 44:
       *  NTFN testing       *  NTFN testing
     *   RadioAstron observations ?     *   RadioAstron observations ?
 +
 +  *  Report from Radioastron RISC meeting.
  
   *  Wiki logs   *  Wiki logs
Line 68: Line 70:
  
 CARRIED FORWARD/UPDATED/CONTINUING CARRIED FORWARD/UPDATED/CONTINUING
 +
 +  *  LBA data archive consolidation and copy at CASS. (CASS, Curtin)
 +    *  LBA data archive. Need ATNF disk space (Tasso, Shaun) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  ATCA phasing. Check performance and implementation (Jamie S, Richard)** Updated **
 +    *  Definitely need >200 mJy calibrators. Stress in documentation. (ATNF)
 +    *  Recommend strong calibrators >> 200 Mjy ~every hour (depends on weather) + possible weaker calibrators more often (ATNF)
 +    *  Ask PIs to nominate phase-cals and check fluxes BRFORE scheduled observations (Phil, Jasmie S)
 +
 +  *  ATCA Tsys via CABB (CASS) ** Updated **
 +    *  Investigate implementation by Bob Sault (Tasso)
 +    *  Consult with Carrad and Sault about Tsys implementation on the CABB (Tasso) 
 +    *  Check with WEW and test whether acal scale preserved when mode changed to VLBI (Jamie S)
 +    *  Review ATCA VLBI configs (Jamie S, Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Observer training and remote observing (Tasso) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Wiki logs (All) ** Continuing **
 +    *  Log transfers quickly to FTP area and/or Wiki (ALL) ** Continuing **
 +    *  Annual "best" wiki-log competition. To be judged by correlator. (Cormac)
 +
 +  *  Schedule more 32 GHz tests with ATCA? (Phil) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Pawsey centre access for VLBI and eVLBI (Chris, Cormac) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Linear to Circular polarisation conversion. (Chris, Richard, Cormac) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Monitoring "check-list" for ATNF telescopes (Chris, Jamie S) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Monica implementation at Ceduna (Jamie & Jamie) ** Continuing **
 +  *  Remote access to Ceduna VNC via Hobart? (Tasso, Jamie M.) ** Continuing **
 +    *  VNC within VNC ? (Jamie M, Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Remote access to Ww (Stuart, Tasso) ** Continuing **
 +
 +  *  Simon Ellingsen complex schedules. Send frequency changes list to Ettore (Parkes) and Quick (Hart) for development of LO setups (Simon, Chris) ** Updated **
 +    *  Rationalise Simon's schedules (Cormac, Simon, Chris)
  
  
Line 73: Line 112:
 NEW ACTION ITEMS NEW ACTION ITEMS
  
 +  *  DASPRO for Parkes needs updating to reflect Mars Rx changes (Chris)
 +
 +  *  NEXPReS BoD tests and demo would need time around June 2013 (Tasso, Phil) ** Updated **
 +    *  BoD test. Scheduled for 27 June 2013(Chris, Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Check-list for ASKAP Rx changes. Especially 100 MHz reference for X-band. (Tasso, Suzy).
 +    *  Include on Wikim documentation (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  RTFC needs >0.5 hours for Mk5 and complex (e.g Simon's) setups (Phil)
 +
 +  *  Eliminate separate rtfc schedules except for special mosed (Cormac)
 +    *  include in main schedules for 1st hour
 +    *  Inform PIs of suitable fringe-finders from block-schedule (Cormac, Chris)
 +    *  List of 22 GHz calibrators for Hart (Chris)
 +    *  Ask Roopesh for calibrator update at 8 and 22 GHz (Chris)
 +
 +  *  X-raid disks failing e.g at Ceduna. Manage at correlator (Cormac, Hayley)
 +    *  Sent to correlator for replacement of disk (UTas)
 +    *  Curtin to keep stock of 750 GB disks (from failing set)  (Cormac)
 +    *  Curtin has stock of 500 GB spare disks. ATNF also has spares and can provide extras.
 +
 +  *  NZ slow transfer issues
 +    *  Possible cache size in Mk5 sofware. Email to Stuart, Chris, Cormac (Jamie M)
 +
 +  *  No phase-cal extraction from Mk5 in LBA corrlator. Inform Hart. (Tasso)
 +
 +  *  Include Hart 15m availability in LBA. Already in SCHED.
 +    *  Include in OPAL
 +    *  Supply web link
 +    *  On wiki documentation
 +    *  Inform Leonid Petrov
 +
 +  *  For ATCA include in Wiki log: ref ant, pad, tied-array. Default ant03 on W104. (Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  Develop LBA 64 MHz setups for X and K bands (Cormac)
 +
 +  *  For Tid, determine which antenna is scheduled in block-schedule and modify setup files (Cormac, Shinji, Phil)
 +
 +  *  Allow cdisko/server to select 1 x 64 MHz channel (Jamie S)
 +
 +  *  KVN test data to Richard Dodson (Chris)
 +
 +  *  Xcube developments by August session (Xcube, Tasso, Chris)
  
  
Line 78: Line 160:
 STANDING ACTION ITEMS STANDING ACTION ITEMS
  
 +  *  VLBI science meeting in 2014 at Darwin (?) and setup LOC, SOC (Tasso)
 +
 +
 +
 +Next meeting: 09 August 2013
  
-Next meeting: TBD 
lbaops/telecon2013jun24.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 16:39 (external edit)