A T N F    D a i l y    A s t r o n o m y    P i c t u r e

6th of November 2017
Spectral properties of 441 radio pulsars
by Simon Johnston (CASS)
Swinburne student Fabian Jankowski and collaborators have presented the spectral properties of 441 pulsars using observations made with the Parkes radio telescope. They show that most (80%) pulsars have power-law spectra with a mean spectral index of -1.6. The remaining 20% show a variety of behaviour with some examples shown in the Figure.

Reference: F. Jankowski, W. van Straten, E.F. Keane, M. Bailes, S. Johnston, M. Kerr 2017, MNRAS, in press (arXiv:1709.08864)

<<   |   archive   |   about   |   today   *   ATNF   |   Parkes   |   ATCA   |   Mopra   |   VLBI   |   ASKAP   |   >>