ASKAP 2016: The future of radio astronomy surveys
CSIRO's Australian SKA Pathfinder (ASKAP) telescope, currently being commissioned, is delivering unique and exciting scientific data.
A series of major sky surveys will begin in 2016.
This conference is an opportunity to share cutting-edge results from ASKAP and to discuss future strategies for observing and data sharing in large astronomical surveys.
ASKAP 2016 will:
- Plan key aspects of the ASKAP science surveys with the user community.
- Showcase new results from ASKAP Commissioning and Early Science.
- Provide training in the use of Virtual Observatory tools.
- Discuss astronomical surveys at other wavelengths that will complement ASKAP.
- Bring together international experts on large astronomical surveys and exploiting complex data sets.
Conference image courtesy Alex Cherney/terrastro.com