Australia Telescope Users Committee
The Australia Telescope Users Committee (ATUC) is a group of ten to fifteen scientists (the number varies from year to year) who represent the users of the Australia Telescope National Facility. This committee is appointed by the ATNF Steering Committee and meets twice a year, usually around May and October.
ATUC meetings are a forum for ATNF users to raise any problems they have experienced with the operation of the facilities and to suggest changes to their operation: this discussion provides feedback for the ATNF management. ATUC also discusses and recommends priorities for ATNF future development plans. If you have a matter you would like raised at an ATUC meeting, please contact one of the members, or fill in the online feedback form.
ATUC also request agenda items and report back to users on their meetings via 4 emails to a general list per year, generally before and after each ATUC meeting.
ATUC have terms of reference to operate under.
ATUC meetings generally occur in May and and October each year. The last meeting was held on 2nd-3rd June 2014
You can contact ATUC via the following: ATNFUsersCommittee[at]csiro dot au
Repository of documents presented at ATUC meetings that users frequently ask for.
- CSIRO ASKAP Science Data Archive: Requirements and Use Cases,
- Proposed ASKAP configs
- ASKAP early science plan
- Parkes Ultrawide receiver proposal
- Parkes Instrumentation Options
- ATNF operations changes
- ASKAP project update
- ASKAP Operation plans
- Mopra statistics
- Proposed changes to the TAC process
- L/S and C/X options for ATCA
- ATNF Science Priorities
- ATNF Future Operations
- Millimetre White Paper
- Miriad review June 2006
- The future of ATCA and Parkes in the ASKAP/SKA era 1st June 2015
- Parkes Receiver Development 4th December 2013
- Science Drivers for Parkes Receiver Development 29th October 2012
- Time domain astronomy 24th October 2011
- Parkes, Tidbinbilla and the LBA in the ASKAP era 25 May 2010
- CABB Science Day 13 May 2009
- ATCA Science Day 11 June 2008
- ATNF Science Symposium 30 April 2007
- Scientific Opportunities with the Compact Array at 25-50 GHz 31 May 2005
- xNTD Science Workshop 6 April 2005
- ATCA Broadband Backend Upgrade Workshop 13 September 2004
|(Dates of first and last meetings are shown.)|
|Dr Virginia Kilborn (email: vkilborn_at_astro.swin.edu.au)||(2014 - 2017)||Swinburne University of Technology|
|Joanne Dawson (email: Joanne.Dawson_at_csiro.au)||(Oct 2014 - May 2017 )||CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science|
|Dr Evan Keane (email: evan.keane_at_gmail.com)||(Oct 2014 - May 2017)||Swinburne University of Technology|
|Dr James Miller-Jones (email: James.Miller-Jones_at_curtin.edu.au||(Oct 2014 - May 2017)||Curtin University|
|Dr Stas Shabala (email: Stanislav.Shabala_at_utas.edu.au||(Oct 2014 - May 2017)||University of Tasmania|
|Dr Paolo Serra (email: Paolo.Serra_at_csiro.au)||(Oct 2014 - May 2017)||CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science|
|Dr Minh Huynh (email: minh.huynh_at_icrar.org)||(Oct 2012 - May 2015)||University of Western Australia|
|Dr Tobias Westmeier (email: Tobias.Westmeier_at_icrar.org)||(Oct 2012 - May 2015)||University of Western Australia|
|Ms Claire-Elise Green (email: claire.elise.green_at_gmail.com)||(Oct 2014 - May 2015)||University of New South Wales|
|Mr Vasaant.Krishnan_at_utas.edu.au||(Oct 2014 - May 2015)||University of Tasmania|
The AT Steering Committee appoints new members to ATUC. New members usually start their first meeting in October and finish their three year term after the May ATUC meeting in their last year. Students are appointed for one year (two meetings). The AAO also has a Users' Committee, (AAOUC).