Organisational Structure of the ATNF Computing Facility
ATNF computing, for management purposes, is divided as follows:
- Computing Infrastructure (ATNF Operations), managed by Shaun Amy
- Unix, Linux and Apple servers and desktops at all ATNF sites
- inter-site networking
- Certain aspects of this management are shared with CSIRO IM&T. The detailed responsibilities are set out in ATNF/IM&T Services Charter.
- Scientific Computing and Archives (ATNF Operations), managed by Mark Wieringa
- Development and maintenance of software used for operating ATNF telescopes and most instrumentation
- Development and maintenance of data reduction and analysis software for ATNF telescopes
- Provision of web services, including access to ATNF data archives
- Digital signal processing software (AT Electronics Group), managed by Warwick Wilson
- instrument control, data acquisition and signal processing for the ATNF range of digital correlators and spectrometers
- ASKAP software, managed by Tim Cornwell
- Software development for control, data acquisition, signal processing and data reduction for ASKAP.