invitees

From: <Tony.Wong_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 18:52:23 +1000 (EST)

Hi everyone,

        I've sent invitations to the following people today:

Georgij Rudnitskij
Dave McConnell
Bob Sault
Dick Manchester
Steve Curran
Vincent Minier
Maria Hunt
Michael Dopita
Sarah Maddison

        I still need to contact

Ravi Subrahmanyan

        That's 10 in addition to the 6 "invited" speakers. Sounds like a
lot, but I expect we'll only get about half. If we do get a high
acceptance rate, we may have to limit people to 15 minutes. If we get a
particularly poor turnout, I expect members of the SOC will step up to the
plate (let me know if you're not familiar with that idiom). :)

        Although the schedule is still in flux, suppose for instance we
have 5 sessions:

1. Capabilities of AT
        McConnell, Sault, [Wong/Koribalski]
2. Structure and Chemistry of Molecular Clouds
        Blake, Lang, Hunt
3. Young Stellar Objects
        Bourke, Minier, Maddison, Sobolev
4. Galaxies
        Curran, Dopita
5. High-redshift gas and cosmology
        Wiklind, Subrahmanyan
6. Evolved Stars and SNRs
        Lim, Manchester, Rudnitskij

I've listed the invited speakers for each category.

        Andrew, I would suggest inviting Robert Smith first as his
research area is more directly related to mm-waves than Lawson's. You
also might consider someone from Monash like Dinah Cragg.

        Attached is a generic invite letter.

        Any comments?

Tony

Tony Wong twong_at_atnf.<!--nospam-->csiro.au
CSIRO Australia Telescope Nat'l Facility TEL +61-2-9372-4399
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/twong FAX +61-2-9372-4310

  • TEXT/plain attachment: letter