Aus-VO Wiki back!

From: <dbarnes_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:27:07 +1100

Hi folks,

the Aus-VO wiki is back online. It has been patched to fix
the (gaping) hole that was discovered in the last few weeks
and caused havoc to TWiki installations around the world.

I have disabled the "online registration" system which meant
anyone, anywhere could register and be editing and uploading
immediately. The process now is to email me if you want an
account, and I will set it up on a case-by-case basis. I
doubt it will be an onerous task for me, and if it becomes
one, then we will be able to pat ourselves on the back and
be pleased at the collaboration we are building :-)

I also request existing users to change their password on the
wiki. While passwords were stored encrypted, the password
file was retrieved and weak passwords are easily cracked
by brute force these days. Change your password here:

http://www.aus-vo.org/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/ChangePassword

I will track changes to the password file, and anyone who has
not changed their password by December 1 will have their
password disabled and they'll also need to contact me next
time they wish to edit wiki pages on the Aus-VO wiki.

Sorry for the somewhat draconian measures.

 - David.