Re: v156 (and a bit of V162)

From: <rdodson_at_email.protected>
Date: 15 Nov 2004 16:36:53 +0100

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 16:27, Tasso Tzioumis wrote:
>Hi Simon,
>
>I think the latest from Richard says 6500 NOT 6528, so I'd like to agree
>to this please. Mopra has difficulty changing.

There is a phase lag on this line :) Unless some messages are going
missing ...

We have settled on 6500 MHz for V156F1 now. It matches the other
experiment frequency.

>On the 32a4-2 mode and no buggery, Chris thought that this may stop the
>fringet testing programs we are hoping to run in parallel from the S2

Good point .. however it could be handled with a compression mode in the
wr-new (or what ever it has been renamed to now). wr -c 0101 -m 2 is the
equivalent of 32a4-2 (and wr -c 0011 -m 2 is equivalent to wr -m 3 &
32x4-2).

>output. So, it'll be good if we can ALL stay with 32x4-2 this time around
>and put up with buggery cable and all.

Of course the best test that the buggery cable + S2 mode is correct is
to use ATNF statistics (which you would be if the buggery cable would
_ever_ be in (is that correct?)) and disconnect the signal. The
Magnitude statistic would go to zero.

The new test programs will do an even better job now.

        Richard