Minutes of the Australian VLBI discussion (fwd)

From: <stingay_at_email.protected>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:01:26 +1100 (EST)

Dear All,

I'm forwarding this email from Walter Brisken, who visited Swinburne in
January. NRAO seems quite impressed by our new developments and
capabilities, and there seems to be a good chance here for a close
collaboration. I think we should take great encouragement from this and
focus our effort to get our systems fully operational as soon as possible,
to take advantage of our good position.

We should also be holding this exposure up to the "high-ups" in our
respective institutions, in order to get our VLBI/eVLBI projects properly
funded in the long term.

Cheers, Steven

##=====================================================##
Dr Steven Tingay stingay_at_astro.<!--nospam-->swin.edu.au
Swinburne SKA Project Leader
Associate Professor

Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
Mail No H39
P.O. Box 218, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia

ph: +61 3 9214 8758
fax: +61 3 9214 8797

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/ska