Re: vt17a

From: <John.Reynolds_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:30:11 +1100 (EST)

Chris,

>The test experiment on Sunday (vt17a) was scheduled for 8 GHz. It turns
>out that is a MAJOR pain at Parkes as it is 64 MHz and Parkes has some
>funky setup issues at 8 GHz.

Are you referring to the anti-aliasing filters in the DAS? I can't think
of any other issues, major or minor, that don't also affect 16MHz BW. (The
DAS anti-aliasing filters are more like 45MHz wide from memory). In fact
it would be relatively simple to workaround this problem, depending how
much trouble you think it's worth.

Cheers,
John R