[askap-users] ASKAP newsletter for December 2023

From: Hotan, Aidan (S&A, Kensington WA) <"Hotan,>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 07:08:46 +0000

Greetings all,

Given that the end of the year is rapidly approaching and people are starting to take holiday leave, we have decided to cancel the live component of the ASKAP Operations Forum for December. I have enclosed the written component of the monthly update, the ASKAP newsletter, to summarise the state of the telescope at this time and our future plans.

2023 was a big year for ASKAP, with several of the Survey Science Projects getting underway, establishing workflows for validation and exploring the science that can be done with the latest observations. We aim to bring the remaining projects fully online in 2024 while improving data quality and increasing the efficiency of operations overall.

Unforeseen circumstances notwithstanding, ASKAP should continue to observe throughout the break, giving us plenty of data going into the new year. Happy holidays from all of us in the ASKAP Operations Team!

Best regards,
Aidan.