Re: IVO job applicants

From: <dbarnes_at_email.protected>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:41:34 +1100 (EST)

Michael and IVO_at_EmailProtected recipients,

>We had a very good response to the IVO-related programming job we
>advertised at UQ; see
>http://www.aus-vo.org/jobs.html
>
>There were 27 applicants; we have a short(long) list of 3(6) candidates
>chosen to have some scientific strengths as well as the programming side.
>The rest looked like reasonable programmers but mostly in commercial work.
>I will point the unsuccessful candidates at the Aus-VO website for any
>future jobs, but would any of you like me to tell them about specific
>openings you have? They are mostly from Brisbane but a couple are from as
>far as Melbourne.
>
>Cheers Michael.

We are finalising our project plan for 2003 - ie what "work packages"
we're dividing our tasks up into - and once that's done (hopefully
within a week) we'll be figuring out how to resource the jobs. So
right now there isn't anything specific. However, do point your
applicants at the web page, and of course anyone else who is adver-
tising Aus-VO related jobs (you needn't be on the 2003 LIEF grant)
let me know and I'll post them on www.aus-vo.org.

I might as well also advertise the existence of the Aus-VO "Wiki",
which is a collaborative web page for the Australian VO project.
Absolutely *anyone* can register, get a Wiki name and password,
and start editing existing pages and adding new topics! Head on
over to

http://www.aus-vo.org/twiki/bin/view/Main

to get joined up. The Wiki does not take the place of mailing
lists such as this one, but does provide a place where we can
flesh out ideas, upload documents and the like, and generally
contribute to the Aus-VO effort.

David.