Fringes tests today 21/11

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:34:23 +1100 (EST)

Hi all,

Just a reminder that I would like you to run your recorders for

         326/02:12-4:12

For fringe checks. Deleting any old v131 data between fringe tests. This
should be done with the VSIC plugged into the S2 C2a output through the
BG2 cable (ie same as last time).

I would like to try this fringe check recording in "compressed" mode,
which only records to disk the channels that are active on the S2. I you
are running with the jumper/buggery cable *in* and using an S2 "x"
mode, you need to add the option -c ooxx to vsib_record. With the S2 "a"
mode and no jumper use the option -c oxox. The "o" means don't record, the
'x' means record.

I suggest you run the following (from a vt131as or similar sub-directory).

* Before 02:00 UT, record 10sec of test data
>> vsib_record -t 10s -o test < /dev/vsib
>> vsib_checker -stats test

If you are running without a jumper cable, you should see something like:

        cavsi:new>vsib_checker test -stats
        test
                 high- low- low+ high+
                   11 01 00 10
        Chan 0: 17.20 32.80 32.81 17.20
        Chan 1: 100.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
        Chan 2: 17.33 32.68 32.67 17.32
        Chan 3: 100.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
        Total=320000000

So I would run in mode oxox. With the jumper cable, you will see Chan 0
and Chan 1 with good sampler statistics.

* To run the fringe test do something like (adjust as needed, and all on
one line):

>setenv TZ UTC
>dstart 2004-11-21T02:11:59 ; vsib_record -t 7200s -c oxox
                                          -o v131as-At-%04d < /dev/vsib

Could someone from each observatory email me by 01:00 UT (no need to cc
vlbiobs) to confirm they have received and understood this email. Ring me
on 02 67904022 if you have more questions.

Jim C: I can run Parkes remotely if you like.