Re: v156 (and a bit of V162)

From: <sellings_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:18:46 +1100 (EST)

Hi Tasso,

>On the 32a4-2 mode and no buggery, Chris thought that this may stop the
>fringet testing programs we are hoping to run in parallel from the S2
>output. So, it'll be good if we can ALL stay with 32x4-2 this time around
>and put up with buggery cable and all.

Right. I had already made the changes to the v156f1 procedures at Hobart
and at 2 AM I didn't feel like changing them, so Hobart is still going
with 32a4-2 for this experiment. "ftp" fringes to Hobart are time
consuming and so I'm not sure how often it will be done during the run -
it depends a lot on how keen Chris & Craig are I think. If we can get
around some of the hassles of getting data from Hobart to Swinburne in a
more automated fashion and 32a4-2 does cause problems then I'll swap back
for later experiments.

Regards

Simon
--
Simon Ellingsen : Lecturer in Physics/Radio Astronomy, University of Tasmania
email : Simon.Ellingsen_at_utas.edu.au