Re: Progress toward New Zealand VLBI

From: <rdodson_at_email.protected>
Date: 27 Apr 2005 16:35:03 +0200

Hi

>Now that both you and Richard have raised concerns, I wish we had put a
>srew driver in the AUT rubidium again to see if we could freeze the
>coherence display, especially since it always was slow and constant and
>not jittering.

I don't think you can really see a jitter until you stop it...

>As I said I haven't been involved with correlating data. If the
>rubidium's rate is known and reasonably constant, as demonstrated by our
>tests, then hopefully this can be taken into account?

You certainly can fit an any order polynomial to the GPS-maser (or rub)
offset recorded in the field system log file then use this as the clock
term in the LBA correlator. The flogit.pl script does (can do) this for
the UTas antennae (but as far as I know it was only used for a Rb
experiment (after Ceduna maser failed) I correlated - or helped
correlate - or something else .. anyway ages ago for sure -- look for a
LBA corrrelator sched file with multiple terms in the rate column).

However does the NZ setup include a universial counter to measure the
offset between a GPS and the Rb 1PPS? And a GPIB card to talk to it?

Easy to get the the required equipment - they should be findable in a
well equipped lab.

                        Richard