Web based VLBI monitoring

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:44:38 +1100 (EST)

Hi All,

I have started some simple steps towards putting together some web based
vlbi monitoring. Long term I would like to have a single page with a
summary of all antennas so we can see at a glance if one station is using
the wrong schedule (for example), wind stowed etc.

         http://www.atnf.csiro.au/cgi-bin/vlbi/atca_monitor.pl

is an example of what is possible for the ATCA. Cloning this for Mopra
will be trivial.

I have three questions for everyone:

  - What other information do we want to see? Remember this needs to be a
    one page summary
  - Anyone want to volunteer to html prettify this? This needs to be
    generated by a perl CGI script, but a nicely formatted static page
    would help a lot
  - Once this is sorted out for the ATNF antenna, I would like to get
    consistently formatted pages for the Hobart, Ceduna and Tid. Presumably
    this would be easy to do based on the Hobart live page - not sure
    about the rest.

Any comments appreciated