Re: VLBI and MIRANdA

From: <r.dodson_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:43:53 +0200

Hi Steve,

>Thanks very much for all your comments on the "VLBI and MIRANdA"
>document. I've done my best to edit in as many comments as possible
>in the time left to work on this.
>Probably not everyone will be entirely happy with this version. But,
>to be frank, it would have been easier to converge if everyone had
>sent their contributions, suggestions, ideas and views when I
>initially asked for them, given that the deadline was always going to
>be tight. At any rate, I think that the document, as it stands, is
>ok. It is about twice as long as what Simon J. requested, but it is
>probably good that we have a lot to say.
>Please have a look over the revised draft. I hesitate to ask for
>comments since this will be submitted tomorrow and I can't say that
>I'll have time to incorporate further changes. However, if there are
>any burning issues, let me know ASAP. No major changes will be made
>but if you have clear sections of text that you want to add, or
>specific references (please cite the reference), send them. Highly
>specific modifications will have a better chance of being included.

I do think you need more references, to demonstrate the breadth of use
of the instrument. This was my main point and comment. I recognise
that time is short, but it always is.

I have make a formated list of references I think should be in, along
with where I think they should go. These are (of course) dominated by
my own publications, as that is the work I know. I would prefer
something which would show that there are many users from many
different institutions -- still I think a few more is better.

_Potential obs programs_

OH Maser
Caswell, J.L.& Reynolds, J.E.: 2003, IAU Symposium 221, 109P.

Methanol maser reference
Dodson, R., Ojha, R., & Ellingsen, S.P., 2004, MNRAS, 351, 779.

Pulsar parallax/PM reference
Dodson, R., Legge, D., Reynolds, J.E., & McCulloch, P.M.: 2003, ApJ, 596, 1137.

(maser zeeman effect reference
Ellingsen, S.P., 2002, Cosmic Masers: From Proto-Stars to Black Holes,
206, 151.

water maser reference
Greenhill, L.J., et al., 2003, ApJ, 590, 162.