other possible speakers

From: <Tony.Wong_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 21:16:35 +1000 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:23:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Frayer <frayer_at_ipac.<!--nospam-->caltech.edu>
To: Tony.Wong_at_atnf.<!--nospam-->csiro.au
Cc: frayer_at_ipac.<!--nospam-->caltech.edu
Subject: Re: invitation to workshop

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, this is more than a funding issue. The federal government
currently seems to have security concerns about all foreign travel, at least in
the short term. So feel free to fill my slot since I will not be able come
given the new policies for new foreign travel requests in the current climate.

Others who I know that are familiar with high-z CO work include:
(in no particular order)
Nick Scoville: nzs_at_astro.<!--nospam-->caltech.edu -- Nick probably would not be available on
short notice though.

Peter Papadopoulos: papadop_at_strw.<!--nospam-->leidenuniv.nl -- Peter has done recent low CO
transition work at high-z (see astro-ph).

Rob Ivison: rji_at_roe.<!--nospam-->ac.uk -- Rob has taken part in my CO work, Peter's work,
as well as his own; he is one of the major players in research of the SCUBA
galaxies.

Aaron Evans: aevans_at_vulcan.<!--nospam-->ess.sunysb.edu -- Aaron is familar with my CO work,
did his own searches in the past, and has worked with PG-qsos, ULIGs, and radio
galaxies.

-Dave

>Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:16:12 +1000 (EST)
>From: Tony Wong <Tony.Wong_at_atnf.<!--nospam-->csiro.au>
>To: David Frayer <frayer_at_ipac.<!--nospam-->caltech.edu>
>Subject: Re: invitation to workshop
>

>Dave,
>
>That's too bad about the restrictions, as we got our funding
>request approved and would have been able to cover your airfare. If you
>think there may be a way to get around the red tape, let me know, we'll
>hold your spot at least a week. I guess things have been really crazy
>lately. I'll let you know if I have any science questions. Also, would
>you be able to suggest any colleagues or collaborators that we might be
>able to invite on short notice?
>
>Best regards
>Tony
>
>On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, David Frayer wrote:
>

>>> Dear Tony,
>>>
>>> I'm sorry, but I will not be able to attend the workshop. Given recent
events,
>>> NASA and JPL have put additional restrictions on travel for security and
budget
>>> reasons. They are currently trying to limit travel to only mission critical
>>> trips. It is sort of ironic, since Bush was just telling America that we
should