mm workshop registration

From: <sjc_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:15:19 +1000 (EST)

These are the results of your webpage registration for the
Millimetre Science Workshop at U. Melbourne, 29-30 Nov 2001.
For more information, please see the workshop homepage at:
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/twong/atca/wkshp.html

LastName = Curran
FirstName = Steve
Email = sjc_at_bat.<!--nospam-->phys.unsw.edu.au
Affiliation = University of New South Wales
Address = School of Physics, University of New South Wales, Sydney NSW 2052

Phone = 02 9385 5470

Fax = 02 9385 6060
TalkTitle = Imaging AGN and Starburst Activity in Nearby Seyfert Galaxies
TalkLength = 15
Abstract = The new millimetre-wave equipped ATCA is ideal for obtaining
the first high resolution observations of the molecular gas in NGC 4945
and the Circinus galaxy, the two closest galaxies hosting Seyfert nuclei.
We will be able to compare how the distributions
of the dense molecular gas differs between the two galaxies, thus enabling
us to infer how well the HCN traces the Seyfert or starburst activity, a
question which is not as straightforward to answer as previously thought. As well as this, we should, for the first time, be able to image directly molecular outflows in Seyfert galaxies.

Nights = 1
Startday = Thu 29 Nov
Student =
Dinner = 1