LBA standard frequencies

From: <sellings_at_email.protected>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:26:27 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

I've looked through the last few LBA sessions and the sched setup
files that Chris has written and taken the frequency
setups used for some experiments as templates, since we know that
these are within the frequency ranges all the LBA telescopes used in
the particular experiment.

- Do PIs of the example experiments have any comments to make on the
    suitability of the frequency choice they made (e.g. are do we avoid
    128 MHz birdies at the ATCA)?

- I assume that where all the telescopes in the array have dual
    polarization that is the mode we encourage people to use as there
    is less chance of a problem due to recording the wrong polarization?

- We don't have standard setup files for 21cm, 5cm or 1.2cm, should
    we make some?

Suggested standard frequency setups for continuum LBA observations
Version 0.1 - 6 December 2004

21 cm :
    2 x 16 MHz dual polarization
      Frequencies : 1392-1408 MHz

    2 x 16 MHz single polarization
      Frequencies : 1384-1416 MHz

    Comments :
      Not available at Tid, Ced, Hart
      Dual polarization setup used for v166c2 (Dodson Apr 04)

18 cm :
    setup : lba18cm-2p-1IF.set
    2 x 16 MHz dual polarization
      Frequencies : 1642-1658 MHz

    setup : lba18cm-1p-2IF.set (LCP)
    2 x 16 MHz single polarization
      Frequencies : 1634-1666 MHz

    Comments :
      Not available at Ced, Tid has LCP only
      Dual polarization setup used for v172b (Cimo Nov 04)
      Single polarization setup used for v162c1 (Dodson Nov 04)

13 cm :
    setup : lba13cm-2p-1IF.set
    2 x 16 MHz dual polarization
      Frequencies : 2274-2290 MHz

    setup : lba13cm-1p-2IF.set (RCP)
    2 x 16 MHz single polarization
      Frequencies : 2252-2284 MHz

    Comments
      Tid has RCP only?
      Dual polarization setup used for v131at (Ojha Nov 04)
      Single polarization setup used for v172a (Cimo Apr 04)

6 cm :
    setup : lba6cm-2p-1IF.set
    2 x 16 MHz dual polarization
      Frequencies : 4808-4824 MHz

    setup : lba6cm-1p-2IF.set (RCP)
    2 x 16 MHz single polarization
      Frequencies : 4800-4832 MHz

    Comments
      Not available at Tid?
      Dual polarization setup used for v156d1 was 4800-4816? (Dodson Nov 03)

5 cm :
     2 x 16 MHz dual polarization
       Frequencies : 6492-6508 MHz

     2 x 16 MHz single polarization
       Frequencies : 6484-6516 MHz

     Comments
       Not available at Tid
       Dual polarization setup used for v156f1 (Dodson Nov 04)

3 cm :
     setup : lba3cm-2p-1IF.set
     2 x 16 MHz dual polarization
       Frequencies : 8417-8433 MHz

     setup : lba3cm-1p-2IF.set (RCP)
     2 x 16 MHz single polarization
       Frequencies : 8409-8441 MHz

     Comments
       Tid has RCP only?
       Dual polarization setup used for v131 series (Ojha)

2.5 cm :

1.2 cm :
     2 x 16 MHz dual polarization
       Frequencies : 22192-22208 MHz

     2 x 16 MHz single polarization
       Frequencies : 22184-22216 MHz

     Comments

Regards

Simon
--
Simon Ellingsen : Lecturer in Physics/Radio Astronomy, University of Tasmania
email : Simon.Ellingsen_at_utas.edu.au