LBA in May: here we go again!

From: <Jim.Lovell_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:47:43 +1100

Dear VLBIers,

Believe it or not the May LBA session is only 7 weeks away which
means the block schedule is due to be released in one week. The
session dates are:

        May 11, 2300 -> May 17, 1100 UT

Before I start work on the schedule I need to know of any constraints
or requirements for test experiments. Specifically:

        1. Observatories: any hardware constraints I should know about? e.g.
receivers out of action, broken masers. Is your antenna going to be
unavailable for any part of the session?
        2. Disk recording. How long can we observe for at the maximum data
rate? Note that almost every proposal has requested 512 Mbps wherever
it can be supported, otherwise 256 Mbps.
        3. Test experiments. Please let me know if there are any test
experiments you'd like done and if so, how much time, which antennas,
what band, acceptable LST ranges.

Cheers,
Jim
--
Dr Jim Lovell,                                      Jim.Lovell_at_csiro.<!--nospam-->au
CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility       Ph:    (02) 6125 6715