Re: v190c wiki pages and setup

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:29:14 +1000 (EST)

Hi Jim,

>I'm pretty sure I've seen it before but can't find it now.

Don't think there is any doco - its on the "todo list" but won't happen
before next week.

>Can they be "hot-swapped"?

*DEFINITELY* not The machine needs to be powered down.

>I know there's some BIOS
>tweaking to be done if running the PC without the removables (and again
>when they're re-inserted)

Not needed to when swapping disks (as the state doesn't change).

>so this should be documented too. How about a
>new section in the wiki containing this sort of information?

Definitely - want to volunteer :-)

What you need to do *before* the run is:

  - Insert one set of disks
  - fiddle with BIOS probably
  - recreate software RAID set
  - format raid disk