FW: VLBI checklist hi-res

From: <C.Hotan_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 05:45:09 +0800

Hi Observers!

Reiterating my email of a week or so ago, we now have an observers' checklist for VLBI for you to print out and fill in at each station for each experiment. It doesn't need to be recorded or anything, it's just intended as a guide to keep you on track and make sure problems don't slip under the radar for too long. Of course each telescope has its own systems which vary slightly, and so there will be extra things not on this list to check at each place, but I've tried to include as many generic checks as possible.
Try to do a full check every couple of hours rather than relying on noticing things going wrong at the time! Of course, be monitoring the telescope at all times, but I find it helpful to just tick off that everything is okay now and then.

A low-res copy of the checklist can be found on the main page of the wiki.

A higher res copy is attached here, and the links in it to the wiki actually work, it seems - that said it won't help much seeing you probably need to print the file out! (once for each experiment)

I hope this of some help to you in your observing.

Good luck!

Claire