cDisko - resource hog

From: <Jamie.Stevens_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:22:13 +1100

Hello observers,

It seems cDisko has remained a resource hog, despite some changes I made
in an attempt to reduce its load. It seems that after a few hours,
cDisko can get to 100% CPU usage and in excess of 20% memory
consumption. This may be due to my poor Perl programming, or as many
people have found, because of Tk sucking up all the memory. For this
session therefore I suggest being proactive about preventing this
problem. If observers could kill cDisko completely and start it again
every couple of hours then this shouldn't become a problem. And because
we keep running it on the recorder machines themselves, a runaway cDisko
will affect the recording!

Remember, cDisko is NOT a critical recording tool. All the important
functions are handled by the recorder_server task on each machine.
cDisko can be killed and restarted as many times as you want without
having any effect on the recording.

cheers
Jamie