V255 experiments

From: <Simon.Ellingsen_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:41:06 +1000

Hi LBAers,
                I just wanted to send a quick reminder to everyone about a couple of gotchas for the V255 experiments which run later today and tomorrow. Please look through the notes on the wiki prior to the experiments. The main things to note are that for v255k we only want CA01 - CA04 phased on the ATCA as we need a slightly larger synthesised beam to allow simultaneous observation of two sources separated by 30 arcseconds.

The other thing to note is the times for the mode changes in v255j/k. At the ATNF antennas this requires stopping cdisko, changing the channels which are being recorded and then restarting cdisko. Again, the times of these changes are listed on the wiki.

Regards

Simon
--
Simon Ellingsen : Senior Lecturer Physics & Astronomy, University of Tasmania
email : Simon.Ellingsen_at_utas.<!--nospam-->edu.au