Re: Schedules for Mar 4 - 6

From: <Chris.Phillips_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 08:25:28 +0000

Hi all

JimP just replied (but does not have permission to post…):

"The AGC will definitely need to be disabled. A pulsar observation happened =
when I was on point for an LBA run a few years back, and chaos was rampant=
as we all urgently tried to figure out what to do to the DAS. I never hear=
d how it worked out.

I'd suggest this be planned ASAP.

For my own Vela observations I created my own "AGC" scripts that run every =
5 minutes and adjust the attenuation based on the output of vsib_record. Ev=
en though this is only a 3 hour recording, levels will move by up to 1dB in=
that time.

Jim Palfreyman”

My reply is:

I actual don’t think it is that simple - it depends on the science. I will contact Franz and see what he wants.

If this is just imaging (astrometry) these is no need to disable AGC. If he wants to do timing, then obviously we need to.