Fwd: VEX2 comment period

From: Phillips, Chris (CASS, Marsfield) <"Phillips,>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 01:09:44 +0000

In case this is of interest

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Himwich, Ed (GSFC-61A.0)[NVI INC]" <ed.himwich_at_email.protected>>
Subject: [Evntech] VEX2 comment period
Date: 12 January 2021 at 12:01:04 AEDT
To: "vlbi_at_email.protected>" <vlbi_at_email.protected

To: Interested Parties in the VLBI Community

From: The VEX2 Committee

After a hiatus, work on the VEX2 standard has resumed. The proposed standard has been reviewed and some minor changes were made to improve consistency. A summary of the changes in the new draft, 1.99991, is given at the end of this message. Our main goal now is to complete the initial version of the VEX2 standard so we can begin an implementation and testing period. We expect some further changes may be needed due to issues that will be discovered during that period.

Before implementation and testing, we would like to solicit comments on the current draft. The comment period runs until and including February 12, 2021. Our main interest is in feedback on any issues that people see with the existing draft. Requests for new features are also welcome. However in order to avoid further delays before testing can begin, they are likely to be deferred to a later version.

You can find the current proposal at:

https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/VLBA/Vex2doc

You can send your comments to the list:

 vex2comment_at_email.protected>

Messages to that list are distributed to the committee members. After the comment period ends, we will present a response to issues that are brought up.

Thanks, Chet, Cormac, Ed, Mark, Walter

--
Changes since 1.9997, August 29, 2016:
1. The $PROCEDURES block was deprecated