Warkworth Status

From: Stuart Weston <stuart.weston_at_email.protected>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 04:42:00 +0000

G'day All

Today we had awesome weather, sunshine & no wind, shorts and t-shirts. So myself and Axl got onto the 12m and serviced all the motors. The only thing we didn't do was replace the oil in the lower Azimuth gearbox as we hadn't a 14mm Allen key to remove the filler & drain plug 🙁 I am now running tests to see it's all ok, pointing, motor currents etc

So far so good after 2hrs, but I'll leave it running a few more hrs before being satisfied.

If this checks out then Wark12m can make the LBA sessions from late Friday when I believe we are scheduled for v252ci

The 30m, you fix one problem and two more crop up. So we got the X-Band on and new RF cables, great signals and pointing all good. Tried a test record to find the DBBC internal FiLa10G (VSI-Fibre) unit is playing up and is not sending VDIF packets to be recorded by the Flexbuf.

We have a spare external FiLa10G unit, tomorrow I will try to install that on the 30m and see if I can record. Fingers crossed ...

Dr. Stuart Weston

Mobile: 021 713062

Skype: stuart.d.weston
Email: stuart.weston_at_email.protected

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/Stuart.Weston/index.html

School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Faculty of Design and Creative Technologies
Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand.