[askap-users] SWAG-X 888 MHz continuum data now available on CASDA

From: Moss, Vanessa (CASS, Marsfield) <"Moss,>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 09:13:20 +0000

Dear all,

We would like to let you know that the continuum-only data covering the eFEDS/GAMA-09 region has now been released on CASDA and is available for you to make use of under the project code AS112. I've attached a PDF giving a brief summary of this particular dataset, which you may find useful in terms of knowing the background of the dataset and how it was observed/processed. Thanks very much to those of you who have looked at this dataset in order to help us verify its quality, and we encourage those here to please give us feedback on data quality if you have any.

You can access the available data via CASDA, or using this link:
https://data.csiro.au/collections/domain/casdaObservation/results/PRAS112%20-%20Survey%20with%20ASKAP%20of%20GAMA-09%20+%20X-ray/

As you likely know, these data were taken as part of the SWAG-X Observatory Project, which was designed in consultation with the existing ASKAP SSTs to provide as much useful data as possible under the eROSITA/AAL MoU. We strongly encourage you to get in contact with AAL (see: http://www.astronomyaustralia.org.au/erosita-collaboration.html) if you are keen to collaborate with the eROSITA team by combining this dataset with the eROSITA X-ray coverage of the same region.

Please note that these data are slightly ancillary to our full SWAG-X coverage (they were part of an initial test run), which we expect to be 16 hr integration at 888 and 1296 MHz once completed. We have observed half of the required integration time so far and are in the process of validating an example tile at each frequency, which we aim to make available on CASDA as soon as possible. SWAG-X continues to take a position of lower priority in terms of processing to the ASKAP Pilot Survey Phase I data, and will be made available as soon as it is feasible to.

If you have any questions about the data or accessing it, please get in contact with myself, Matt, Aidan and Minh (copied).

Thanks,

Dr Vanessa Moss

Head of ASKAP Science Operations
E vanessa.moss_at_email.protected>

CSIRO Astronomy & Space Science
Corner Vimiera and Pembroke Roads, Marsfield NSW 2122
www.csiro.au<http://www.csiro.au/>