[askap-users] ASKAP Operations Forum reminder and January newsletter

From: Hotan, Aidan (S&A, Kensington WA) <"Hotan,>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 07:26:15 +0000

Greetings all,

Apologies if you receive this twice, I'm resending without the larger attachment (which is still available on confluence) because the first attempt was bounced by the mailing list.

The title may have changed slightly, but I’m pleased to announce that we will be bringing you another year of information and discussion via the monthly ASKAP newsletter and the refreshed ASKAP Operations Forum (formerly the ASKAP Science Forum). Thanks again to everyone who filled in the feedback form that we circulated last year. Some of the top recommendations were to focus on ASKAP operations activities and devote more time to live Q&A with the ASKAP Operations team. In light of this, we are removing the science focus sessions and will investigate whether a different format can better support cross-SST collaboration.

The ASKAP community has members around the globe and feedback suggests alternating the time of the forum is the preferred way to accommodate different time zones. We will keep the current day (the third Tuesday of each month), with odd months starting at 08:00 AWST and even months starting at 18:00 AEDT/AEST. This means that odd months will always be at 00:00 UT and even months will be at 07:00 or 08:00 UT depending on the daylight savings time observed by NSW. We know this pushes the limits of business hours in Australia, but it shares the load more evenly across our widely distributed team and we hope it is not too inconvenient for a monthly event.

The first forum of 2022 will be next week on January 18th. Since this is an odd month it will be at 00:00 UT.

Several of the feedback responses requested that we circulate an operations update in advance of the forum. As a trial, we have posted Vanessa’s slides on confluence: https://confluence.csiro.au/display/askapsst/Operations+Forum Please come prepared with lots of questions for us! Teleconference details are shown below.

The January newsletter is attached to this message as well.

Many of you have noticed that the ASKAP Observation Portal was taken down temporarily at the end of last year due to concerns around the log4j security vulnerability. There is an alternative version that does not connect to the scheduling block database here: https://apps.atnf.csiro.au/ASKAPLive/ We are working to restore the full service as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Aidan.

-- Do not delete or change any of the following text. --

Welcome to CSIRO Webex Conferencing featuring audio, video and presentation capabilities. You can join this conference from:

 Desktop or Mobile Devices

https://csiro.webex.com/csiro/j.php?MTID=mcc2b13f7cf5e4597c6f5e9fc2d05c4bd

Once connected to your meeting remember to start your audio and video.

 Video Conferencing (VC) Rooms

 Use the remote control or touch panel and dial the number indicated below:

CSIRO VC Room

26518828815# (hash required)

External VC Room

26518828815_at_email.protected>

 Phones - AUDIO ONLY

Primary Australia

+61 2 6246 4433

Quick Dial

+61262464433,26518828815%23%23<tel:+61262464433,26518828815%23%23>

Other Global Numbers

https://conferencing.csiro.au/webex-meetings.php?ref=global_call

Meeting Number/Access Code

2651 882 8815

 Password (if prompted)

gvU3GKNeZ37

First time joining a Webex meeting? Watch this short video to get started:
https://conferencing.csiro.au/webex-meetings.php?ref=joining_desktop
Need further help? Take a look at the link below for user guides, videos and FAQs:
https://conferencing.csiro.au/webex-meetings.php?meeting-number=26518828815