[askap-users] ASKAP job opportunity in human-machine collaboration

From: Hotan, Aidan (S&A, Kensington WA) <"Hotan,>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 05:14:21 +0000

Hi all,

For anyone interested in joining the ASKAP team, we recently posted an advertisement for a post-doctoral research fellow:
https://jobs.csiro.au/job-invite/84767/

The role involves an exciting new cross-disciplinary Future Science Platform, which is a collaboration between several different parts of CSIRO interested in the common theme of humans collaborating effectively with machines. The ASKAP project involves combining AI/ML anomaly detection and data cleaning with human interpretive expertise to improve the telescope's efficiency and reliability, and perhaps even enhance its discovery potential.

Because the role is cross-disciplinary, we are seeking interest from people with a wide range of skills and qualifications, though some knowledge of computing/software engineering and AI/ML methods would be very useful.

Please consider applying or pass the information on to anyone who may be interested! The role is open to applicants worldwide and would be based in Perth or Sydney.

Best regards,
Aidan.