RE: Astronomical data and the Virtual Observatory

From: <Ray.Norris_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:37:40 +1100

Dear members of the VO Community

My apologies if you receive this mail more than once.

As you may be aware, before the last IAU General Assembly in Prague in
2006, the IAU Working Group on Astronomical Data (WGAD) conducted a
valuable wiki and email discussion on data management issues,
culminating in the Special Session at the IAU GA.

In 1.5 years we will have our next General Assembly in Rio. I propose to
start a new wiki page to lead discussions by the WGAD up to that GA.
Clearly as the VO gains momentum, the VO will be an increasingly
important component of those discussions. If you are not already a
member of the WGAD, and you would like to participate in those
discussions, please could you email me. The web page of the WGAD is on
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/rnorris/WGAD/

Many thanks

Ray

Ray Norris
President, IAU Commission 5
Chair, Working Group on Astronomical Data

Ray Norris
CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility
PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710, Australia
Phone +61 2 9372 4416
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/RNorris/
This email is made of 100% recycled words.
Please dispose of it thoughtfully.