Re: ToO VLBA - LBA observations.

From: <jim.lovell_at_email.protected>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:03:05 +1100

Hi Giuseppe,

Can you please tell me what the setup will be for S2 recording?
i.e DAS profile, centre freq into the DAS, which polarisation goes to
which DAS IFP, S2 mode, buggery cable in or out.

>TID 323/10:15UT - 323/16:25UT

This is 10 min more than one tape. Could you make it 6 hrs please?

Also, for those of us at Tid (who are new to MkV), we'd appreciate a bit
more detail on the setup:

>freq: 1651.49 + 8MHz -- RCP LCP
>freq: 1659.49 + 8MHz -- RCP LCP
>freq: 1667.49 + 8MHz -- RCP LCP
>freq= 1675.49 + 8MHz -- RCP LCP

Is this a total of 8 x 8 MHz bands (4 freqs x 2 pol)? Does "1651.49 +
8MHz" mean a band covering 1651.49 to 1659.49 MHz?

Given that the Tid MkV probably won't be fully set up by tomorrow night
and that the old PCFS will be running the antenna plus S2, we plan to
configure the IF switching, VCOs, formatter etc for MkV manually. So any
help or suggestions from the MkV aficionados out there would be
appreciated!

Cheers,
Jim