Re: VLBI telecon today–– ACTIONS

From: <stingay_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 11:29:11 +1000 (EST)

Hi Chris,

>>> buggery cable out for the 32x4-2 S2 mode when using the vsop DAS profile.
>>> Is the wiki correct?
>
>VSOP modes use the first two "channels" out of the DAS. The S2 "x" modes
>record the first two channels from the DAS. A marriage made in heaven
>(thus no buggery needed...).

Ok, great. Thanks.

>>> Why are the polarisations specifically mentioned in the action?
>
>Block schedule said LCP I believe.

Yes, that's right. In my email of a week ago, advising that the schedules
were available, I did point that out. RCP is what I want.

Jim, perhaps frequency/polarisation information (apart from the band)
should be left out of the block schedule?

>Now to *everyone*. The wiki pages should be assumed to be the definitive
>guide. If they are wrong email vlbiobs and change them to be correct!

I second that. The wiki should be the gospel for VLBI. It is
extraordinarily useful to have the correct information for all experiments
in one easy to view format, in one place.

Cheers, Steven