Re: Mopra log format changed, logs2keyin.pl doesn't work, Tsys calibration pain in backside

From: <Tasso.Tzioumis_at_email.protected>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:31:39 +1100

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid that the November problems crept in at Mopra with the
changeover to Unix. I believe the format has been fixed, especially
the missing leading 0s. Can you check on a march logfile and let me
know if it persists?

And yes, logs2keyin.pl should be investigated again. More discussion
for a telecon next week?

Sorry about the confusion.

Cheers
Tasso

On 23/03/2006, at 11:57 PM, Steven Tingay wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>Has someone looked at the logs2keyin.pl script recently to make
>sure that
>it works with the new format of Tsys logs from Mopra? I had
>problems with
>data from November. Emil is now reducing other data from November
>and is
>running into similar problems. Is there a new version? If so,
>could we
>have it? If not, could whoever is responsible for logs2keyin.pl these
>days look into it.
>
>Specifically the problems are that the day number is missing from the
>vlobs logs now and that the hour field uses a space instead of a
>leading 0
>when the hour is less than 10.
>
>Alternatively, the vlobs logs could be fixed up so that the old log
>format
>is restored and the current logs2keyin.pl will still work. This would
>seem to be the better approach. However, I don't know who is
>responsible
>for the new vlobs. Tasso will know.
>
>Cheers, Steven
>
>##=====================================================##
>Dr Steven Tingay stingay_at_astro.<!--nospam-->swin.edu.au
>Swinburne SKA Project Leader
>Associate Professor
>
>Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
>Swinburne University of Technology
>Mail No H39
>P.O. Box 218, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
>
>ph: +61 3 9214 8758
>fax: +61 3 9214 8797
>
>http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/ska

Tasso Tzioumis, Australia Telescope National Facility, CSIRO
Location: Cnr Pembroke & Vimiera Rds, Marsfield, NSW, 2122, AUSTRALIA
Post: PO Box 76, Epping, NSW 1710, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 2 9372 4350 Fax: +61 2 9372 4450 or 4310
Email: Tasso.Tzioumis_at_csiro.<!--nospam-->au