Re: Ceduna phase stability

From: <John.Dickey_at_email.protected>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:26:47 +1000

Hi Folks,

    Well, okay, I'll admit that there is something wrong with the
phases to Ceduna, at least occasionally. We've talked a lot about
what could be causing it, and the most likely culprit is the Agilent
Synthesizer. We plan to remove the Agilent and send it back to Hobart
for diagnosis, but I don't think we should try to do that before the
September VLBI run. Phil E says that the only scheduled experiments
for that run are at 6.7 and 8.2 GHz. So maybe the current status of
the Ceduna system is going to be okay for those experiments. Then
we'll plan to send the synthesizer back to Hobart right after that run.

    Does anybody have any problems with that? We can reconsider if
there are strenuous objections.

cheers,
jd