[askap-users] ASKAP newsletter and science forum reminder

From: Hotan, Aidan (CASS, Kensington WA) <"Hotan,>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 06:13:35 +0000

Greetings all,

Next week on Tuesday the 21st of April at 13:00-14:00 AEST, 11:00-12:00 AWST, 03:00-04:00 UTC, we will be hosting the monthly ASKAP science forum, in a fully-online format. This includes the usual updates on observations and data processing, as well as an update on digital system and firmware development from John Tuthill. Being a data-intensive instrument, ASKAP presents many challenges for digital system design, especially at the observatory where data rates are highest. Tune in to learn more about how the telescope's signal processing works!

For our monthly science update we will hear the latest from GASKAP. Being one of the most technically challenging science projects, GASKAP has many hurdles, yet the team continues to make strong progress and produce some of the most spectacular image cubes, so don't miss it!